Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why didn't I fire on those SNEAKY deer??

Old 12-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Buck Dave
O' you hunting Park? Ya my friends tried that and then had to go to Alexandria for Federal Court! There is still one park here in Va. we can hunt through a lottery system.
I live in Virginia as well. You can hunt the northern section of Pocahontas State Park all season long. They hold lottery dates for the southern half of the park. You can also hunt National Forests, WMAs, etc in VA.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up No Shot

I passed on 6 Does on the hoof with a Buck on thier tails, got the Buck but would have loved to have gotten the lead Doe she was a nice one. I fear she is history now because I don't see her with the group anymore. I could not get a clean shot at the Does because they were moving to fast to get away from my Buck,he slowed enough for me to get a good shot and the choice was a good one. I have not taken long shots at these does due to a lack of skill past 30 yards and at tough angles also. Don't get down on yourself because as you said the decission often has to be made in a split second and that makes it tough to release an unsure arrow. I have till this sunday to get a Doe myself so the pressure is on. Good Hunting!