Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any monster ohio bucks taken this year.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Spike

Default Any monster ohio bucks taken this year.

Just wondering if any big ohio deer have been taken this year during bow season or gun season post your pics and tell your story.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

Nope.

I have only had two 130-140's on the trail cams, and my brother saw a 140 with a droptine.

I havent had to much luck seeing much of any good deer, with cameras, scouting, out driving, or hunting. Gearing up for next year mostly.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by KCbuckeye22
Nope.

I have only had two 130-140's on the trail cams, and my brother saw a 140 with a droptine.

I havent had to much luck seeing much of any good deer, with cameras, scouting, out driving, or hunting. Gearing up for next year mostly.
Well hopefully you will be able to this weekend when the extra weekend of gun season comes in on the 19th I know that ill have to pass up all bucks bc I shot my buck on november 6th and the buck that I shot is my profile pic it was a 2.5 yr old well thats what I think and it had a 16inch inside spread and right sides g2s were 5.5 g3 were 6.5 3inch browtines left side g2s were 6.5 g3 were 5.5 and it had a 24inch neck girth i shot him from the ground and this doe helped me out bc he was pushing her and she ran my way and he got 5yds from me and i double lunged him well that was a very easy shot almost a gimie shot but I'm 14 and that was my biggest buck and and my 6th deer with my bow after 3yrs of bow hunting and I'v been deer hunting for 5yrs. and every yr. before this yr. I have shot all little bucks untill now and I passed up at least 8 little bucks and I'm soon glad that i learned how to let the little bucks go soo they get bigger and then there will be more monsters in my woods and there is true good buck geans in the deer in my woods bc 3 yrs ago a 19pt. buck got killed just 40 yds from me and it was walking right towards me and then some guy shot it and they said that it was only a 3.5 yr old buck tht scored 195 3/8s and tht was the finall score and bc it was a non-typical and before the deductions it had a score of 205 it was a true monster once in a life time buck but there are monster deer in my woods but when i let the little deer go it will hopefully let them grow up if they can survive the deer season.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy just sent me a field and stream article on a new muzzle loader record. 35" main beams.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos...r?cmpid=121609
Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

My little brother killed a buck we have been chasing for 3 years dubbed "Freak Daddy"

Early rough scores put him at 205" gross

Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's been a decent season for Ohio hunters. Not only was the impressive Muzzleloader buck above taken but don't forget the GIANT X-bow kill frm October! I've heard that buck may score into the 280" range! I've seen several pix of the monster on numerous sites and the hunter even has a pair of 260 class sheds from the previous season.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
It's been a decent season for Ohio hunters. Not only was the impressive Muzzleloader buck above taken but don't forget the GIANT X-bow kill frm October! I've heard that buck may score into the 280" range! I've seen several pix of the monster on numerous sites and the hunter even has a pair of 260 class sheds from the previous season.
Ive heard alot about the latter deer you mentioned. Not sure what the true story behind it is though.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

My brother in law took this guy w/ the bow... I think it green scored 158".

Old 12-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Siman08/OH
My little brother killed a buck we have been chasing for 3 years dubbed "Freak Daddy"

Early rough scores put him at 205" gross

Dang that is a monster buck congratulations on that great deer. What county did you take that deer in bc i hunt in licking county?
Old 12-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter
My brother in law took this guy w/ the bow... I think it green scored 158".

That is a great deer man congrats on him what county was it taken in I hunt in licking county?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.