Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Urine

Old 10-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Buck Urine

I got a buck and when I was dressing it I saved the bladder. I want to bottle it and use it as a buck lure. Would it be a good sent lure to put out? or will in just scare the deer away?
Old 10-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think it will attract any bucks, but believe if you have a spot where you want them to stop at... and help the lure with something visual, like a mock scrape, it will work good. If you use it in another spot, a resident buck will think a strange buck is in "his" territory and will want to investigate.(if his dominance and character persuade him to) I use urines in mock scrapes and use the visual aspect of the scrape to get the buck's attention, then that buys me time to make a shot while the deer is stopped.

iSnipe.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Spike

Bucks are more interested in each other than does until the rut starts coming on and are real interested in each other after the rut too. Most guys only use a doe in heat urine but you can do real well with a buck lure. Next time save the tarsal glands, they are more important than the urine. You can tincture them by soaking the tarsals in vodka for at least a few months. It will keep for years. You can mix a little in with a quality buck urine, and maybe mix in a half a teaspoon of tonquin musk and or beaver castor. Mix that 50/50 with glycerine and you have a great lure. You can also tincture the balls, interdigital glands, forehead glands, and preorbital glands. Explore the world of lure making. It's fun. Soon you'll be picking out the doe you want to shoot based on how dark her hocks are.