Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Keeping treestand dry and secure in truck bed.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Buy a Topper for the truck!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

Try looking at the Bigfoot cargo bag. It's huge and can be locked to the side of your truck bed provided you have a cargo hold.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iSnipe
I don't knoooow. ?? Since post #1 I would have had plenty of time to make me a nice custom box from plywood, 2"x2"s, screws and Gorilla wood glue, then waterproof it with polyurethane or paint.

iSnipe
Well a measly 24hrs might be enough time to do all that, although I would probably want it to actually come out nice, so mabye not. Problem is, I have been busy building and hanging garage doors, making trips to home depot ,wal mart, the propane dealer, and on top of all that, making a living, so in the past 24 hrs I have been kinda preoccupied. Thanks though for the sugestion, even though I and another posted the same idea already.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by W9ARcher
Try looking at the Bigfoot cargo bag. It's huge and can be locked to the side of your truck bed provided you have a cargo hold.
Hey, thats pretty cool. I went to the site and I might consider the green medium one. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try Diapers?
Old 09-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RidgeFACTOR
Try Diapers?
Yeah, for the 1st year or so of my life,mostly just crapped and peed in em, I guess they worked OK ,I dunno Ill ask my mother next time I see her. Thanks for asking.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK heres what I came up with. Made it from a piece of plywood my dad had laying around in his garage. Paint,silicone and hardware cost me about 20$. Aint the prettiest box ,I know, but the stand fits in it perfect w/ plenty of xtra room for clothes , boots and other stuff, I dont want to get wet. Im gonna use it this saturday, to put my deeks, waders and shotgun in. I think Ill leave it in there all year too , should come in handy w/ groceries as well.
Attached Thumbnails Keeping treestand dry and secure in truck bed.-lips-box-...-008.jpg   Keeping treestand dry and secure in truck bed.-lips-box-...-009.jpg  
Old 10-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Spike

I think you did a good job.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation

Looks good and looks like it'll work.

Now all you have to do is make a bracket under the rear of your pickup for your spare tire.

Oh, and by the way, since my last post and your reply to it,...

... from the 28th to the 30th is not a measly 24hrs.

iSnipe
Old 10-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you chevyman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.