Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mossberg 500

Old 10-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

good choice. imo Mossberg makes the most dependable shotguns in the market
Old 10-11-2009, 06:34 AM
Spike

Go with it ! I have a model 500 I bought 22 years ago & I love it. Killed a LOT of deer with that gun and it is reliable . The only time I ever had a feeding problem, the interior of the
action was full of sh** from some goldenrod. Cleaned the crud out & good to go. Mossberg pump guns are VERY simple to dis-assemble. $200 is a good deal for a good gun
Old 10-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

i'm a mossberg man myself. given the choice between a remington and a mossberg i'm taking the mossberg all day. i'm not into style so much as i am function. when it comes to shotguns i'm looking for something i can abuse (i actually take care of my guns as much as possible, but they have been dropped before). i have two 500's (12&20Ga.) and they're both amazing for how i use them. things happen stuff drops, falls and gets dirty, so if you want to spend an extra 200-300 and baby your gun go ahead, i can just pick mine up and keep on rolling.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Spike

I love my mossberg 500. It has to be a good gun if the military uses it as their shotgun.