Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2009 Rut Survey-Info. & Details

Old 09-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default 2009 Rut Survey-Info. & Details

Myself and TheMiz54 have worked out the details of how are proposed rut poll/survey will work. We will start our own thread when the survey will start (October 1, 20009) where each person participating in the survey will log their info from that days hunting observations. Then on a weekly basis we will put all data on a spread sheet and post it for members to view. This will be helpful in seeing truly what stage of the rut we are in and how deer movement is being effected by other factors such as barometer and moon phase. The survey will be very simple to participate in. There are 5 categories of buck rutting behavior we will go by. Rubbing, scraping, seeking, chasing, and actual breeding. Each one of these behaviors will be logged by a minor and major description. You will also need to record date,moon phase and whether the barometer was rising falling or stable. Last you will post how many bucks and does you saw that day. Here would be a sample of a perfect post: Oct. 31,2009-full moon-falling barom.- major scraping and major seeking. 3 bucks/7 does. THATS IT!!! very simple. There are a few guidelines that we want to follow. 1. We only are looking to have people submit info who are hunting north of the 37th latitude. You can easily find out on the web if you fall into this category. If not you are more than welcome to copy our idea and do your own survey for the south. Because we live in the Northeast we are only interested comparing info to those above the 37th lat. 2. Please be honest in your postings. 3. Try to post your observations each day. This will make collecting and sorting the info easy for TheMiz54. Thats really it guys-this is purely for fun and for members and our own comparison. I think it will be great to see how my observations compare to another members in Wisconsin. This will give definitive info. on exactly where the rut is at. Each week we can look and see how sightings and buck activity change as autumn moves forward. Please reply here and let us know if you would like to get in on this and if you have any questions please feel free to ask. The more guys we can get into this the better the feedback will be. Again this will not start until Oct. 1st.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys im excited to get this started. We should also include where you are from in each post as well. This is gonna be very informative and usefull
Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

I am in. However there will be weeks while I am hunting in Ohio when I will not be able to post my info daily. I will record my info in a notebook and submit it in it's entirety once I return home. Or should I send this info to TheMiz directly in a PM?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

You can send it in a PM to me or post when you get a chance its up to you.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

I am looking forward too this should be fun, count me in
Old 09-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 4evrhtn
I am in. However there will be weeks while I am hunting in Ohio when I will not be able to post my info daily. I will record my info in a notebook and submit it in it's entirety once I return home. Or should I send this info to TheMiz directly in a PM?
I would just post it here when you return-that way all members get to see your observations. I will have to do the same as i will be bowhunting in Illinois for 1-2wks late Oct. or early Nov. Unless i break down and buy a laptop!!lol
Old 09-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

Got the PM...I'm definitely in.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

North of the 37th latitude,W.T.H is that??
I'm in Oklahoma,if it's in there I'm in.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by appleater25
Got the PM...I'm definitely in.
apple where do you live?
Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey rh im interested in contributing to this survey. And even though the season isnt open yet here in PA i was out scouting the other day and already saw some scrapes and saw 5 bucks still traveling together. This should be a fun survey, i really like the idea

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.