Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

C'Mere Deer - not Kweer Deer....

Old 09-01-2009, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Same experience here. I'm pretty sure it's like that everywhere. If deer have a preferred food source, they will pass up everything else to eat that food. They probably like corn better than that other gimicky stuff. Just like I have seen deer walk right over corn to eat out of a food plot. It's all about preference.
No its not like that everywhere, We have 6 feeders filled with corn but only have pics of 2 diiferent bucks using them, in contrast I got pics of 70 + different bucks hitting our mineral/salt blocks & licks. But I agree 100% Cmere Deer is a total waste of money!!
Below is a link to my 2009 trailcam photo album.
I think what your seeing is a lack of natural browse and food sources in your area and what im seeing is a lack of salt in the deer's natural diet in my area. Pike

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...%20Cam%20Pics/

Last edited by J Pike; 09-01-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by J Pike
No its not like that everywhere, We have 6 feeders filled with corn but only have pics of 2 diiferent bucks using them, in contrast I got pics of 70 + different bucks hitting our mineral/salt blocks & licks. But I agree 100% Cmere Deer is a total waste of money!!
Below is a link to my 2009 trailcam photo album.
I think what your seeing is a lack of natural browse and food sources in your area. Pike

You just proved my point. The majority of the deer prefer the minerals over your corn. And they're probably also eating other browse. That's exactly what I said in my post. They will pass up obvious food sources for something they prefer to eat.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

You just proved my point. The majority of the deer prefer the minerals over your corn. And they're probably also eating other browse. That's exactly what I said in my post. They will pass up obvious food sources for something they prefer to eat.
No I didnt prove your point, the reason the deer are hitting my blocks/ licks is not for minerals but only for the salt in them and salt isnt a food source. Trust Me deer in OH. prefer corn over any other food source that is available to them.

And thats not what you said, this is what you said.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""I'm pretty sure it's like that everywhere. If deer have a preferred food source, they will pass up everything else to eat that food. They probably like corn better than that other gimicky stuff. Just like I have seen deer walk right over corn to eat out of a food plot"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

My point is the gimicky stuff as you called it can and does work better than any food source if the deer have sufficient natural browse and other food sources. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 09-01-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

No I didnt prove your point, the reason the deer are hitting my blocks/ licks is not for minerals but only for the salt in them and salt isnt a food source. Trust Me deer in OH. prefer corn over any other food source that is available to them.

And thats not what you said, this is what you said.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""I'm pretty sure it's like that everywhere. If deer have a preferred food source, they will pass up everything else to eat that food. They probably like corn better than that other gimicky stuff. Just like I have seen deer walk right over corn to eat out of a food plot"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

My point is the gimicky stuff as you called it can and does work better than any food source if the deer have sufficient natural browse and other food sources. Pike
Okay, now I'm really confused.....

Why would deer even give a second look at C'Mere Deer or other stuff if they have sufficient natural browse and other food sources (as you said)? And why would that stuff work better when deer have other superior food sources available? Doesn't make any sense at all....
Old 09-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, now I'm really confused.....

Why would deer even give a second look at C'Mere Deer or other stuff if they have sufficient natural browse and other food sources (as you said)? And why would that stuff work better when deer have other superior food sources available? Doesn't make any sense at all....
Hey there is nothing wrong with being confused!!
For the same reason my daughter eats jolly ranchers every day.
The salt in the""" gimicy stuff""" is just like a jolly rancher to my daughter, salt is also needed in a deer's diet. Pike
Old 09-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Hey there is nothing wrong with being confused!!
For the same reason my daughter eats jolly ranchers every day.
The salt in the""" gimicy stuff""" is just like a jolly rancher to my daughter, salt is also needed in a deer's diet. Pike
Here's a couple for this year.....

50lb bag of mineral salt
50lb bag of Mor-M-Lass

Both from Tractor Supply, both spread in several areas of two different locations....one is still sitting as it was piled, one is molded.

I could be a millionaire if I could invent and patent a broadhead made out of corn.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beezer I use the 50lb bags and 50lb blocks from TSC. aswell. So far this summer I got pics of about 80 different bucks and counting. Below is a ink to my 2009 trailcam pics. Pike
Old 09-02-2009, 03:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by SpinnerOfWood
I put out some C'mere deer a week ago and got tons of deer pics... and a lot of small bucks... but also got a kweer deer...
You mistake a dominance gesture for sexual interest and you wonder what they'll eat?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Fork Horn

thats the funniest thing EVER
Old 09-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats great!!!! haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.