Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Once in the stand or blind

Old 08-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Spike

Coffee & more coffee & some jerky for later in the day.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

Two Lipton Green Teas, a can of Vanilla Skoal and my Blackberry are all I usually take. I can not be in the woods without a drink of some sort, if I forget to take something with me I may as well leave. I don't really bother with food because I hunt within half mile of my house and can just walk home if I'm really hungry.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never take any food or drink with me and I hunt from dark 'til dark.
4-5 Tootsie Pops and life is good.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

of course I do. I am like a baby, I need food every 2 to 4 hours.
Deer jerky, a deer salami roll, maybe soup in a thermos, granola bars, water, MRE,s are cool. In fact one MRE has enough in it for a whole day. The calories of an MRE are astounding.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

ive never been hunting without a thermos of black coffe
Old 08-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

The last couple of years I started taking spiced cider in a thermos instead of coffee. I don't really care for coffee that much. You can buy the spiced cider in packets and mix with hot water. It is really tasty. I usually don't take food because I never hunt all day. I might take some granola bars this year though.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

I always take food and drink with me because I never plan a time to leave the stand, It depends on whats happining in the woods whether I leave the stand early or late I never know till I get there. I also smoke in the woods because I dont think deer associate the faint smell of smoke with danger. They smell smoke all the time. Cookouts, brushfires, trash burning, etc. I have had deer come into me plenty of times while smoking, no matter what Im smoking.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:31 AM
Spike

Coffee, sandwich, and snack sized candy bars. I also take a 1 ltr of mountain dew. By the time I am done drinking it, I usually fill it back up. You have to be careful though because once you fill it back up it looks like mountain dew again :O