Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How much is too much?

Old 05-08-2003, 02:03 AM

Default RE: How much is too much?

Check out the swap hunts in the web sites... may be able to hunt with swap of something ya don' t need anymore....
Going upstate NY turkey hunting next weekend...
Non resident tags 85.00
use of my old hunting area...(ex has) everything she didn' t take the first time!!!
My guns and hunting... Priceless
Old 05-08-2003, 06:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Who
I dont mean to paint such a bleak photo of west texas but where there is no water its bad. Our problem is that there is good water but its so deep that it cost $$$$$$$$ to pump it. The rancher will not do it and does not have any windmills. So we depend and wait for rain. We have waited for a while! Rains come and we get just a little shower but thats it. OR we get a flood. Both do little good.
The 2001 season I had to drive 3 hrs out and back to hunt. This caused some problems. The cost jumped from 500/person to 675/person and cut out the lake. We would be responcible for the whole lease but would have fishermen coming in during the season and that was not good.
I found this lease last year but it turns out to just be a mule deer lease. Nothing else. Price 650/person x 5 people. One hr from home. This is better time and allows me more time to hunt, but mule deer season is one month[:@] and no does. I would love to find another lease that offered more and was within 1-2 hrs from home. Untill then I guess I make due with what I have.
Take care,
Rick
Who, I know where you guys from texas are comming from. My father in law lives down there and he pretty much gave up on hunting, started costing more then what it was worth. I lived there back in 87-88, now when we go to see the inlaws I can' t believe how much the lakes have dropped, it' s almost scary. Like I said before, I own my own land and there is LOTS of public land around me so I' m one of the lucky ones. I quess if I had to pay for a lease to hunt, it would depend on the finances.

Old 05-08-2003, 03:08 PM
Who
Nontypical Buck

When I started this thread I thought it would be a simple question to answer. Instide I think it would be simpler to pull teeth from some of you. LOL
I give up.[X(]
I think my next question will be on somthing simple like" global warming" or " Who shot J.F.K. and why?" lol
Rick