Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Proposed Price Increase on Hunting and Fishing License

Old 03-03-2009, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Proposed Price Increase on Hunting and Fishing License

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

The principle from the fund is not touched...The interest is spent on programs like building boat ramps, buying game land, stocking programs, training, etc...So far 32 million in interest has been used for these programs...
Do you folks have sales tax also? A pecentage ofour tax dollars on hunting/fishing related goods go towards the things you mentioned.

All states have that sales tax, it's called the Dingell-Johnson Act of 1950...
Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 AM

I would still pay for a lisc. even if the price doubled as long as the money continued to improve wildlife management and was'nt used for State projects that had nothing to do with hunting and fishing.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Jimmy S

If the fees were doubled, I would continue to pay.
I also view anyone who takes games illegally, especially without a current license, as a poacher.
IMHO, there is no such thing as 'taking chances'.
Either you hunt with legal integrity or you don't. Either way you are either a hunter or a paocher.
I for one do not mind paying a "fair fee" for a hunting OR fishing license even though I think our fore fathers felt that it was a God given right to hunt and because they were a "free" people that they should not have to pay for the right to take wildgame ... I also feel that way however I do think that the goverment is justified in charging a license fee to hunt Goverment land but a man should be allowed to hunt his OWN land without having to buy a license ...with that being said I still have to real quam with buying a hunting or fishing license as long as it is reasonable ...but to double the price to help replace money that the Goverment has squandered just chapps my butt ....but then again this is just MY opinion ..

dd
Old 03-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

My land is in an area where there is very little public land or need for money to maintain it. There is also very little poaching despite the fact that their are few if any GW's around except for the occasional patrol during deer season. You are gonna have a hard time convincing me that much of the hunting/fishing revenue is not wasted on "administrative" costs or is used for everything but wildlife.
So, I am always very unhappy with any increase in license fees since you don't see much of any return on it. But, the fines and punishment for getting caught without a license are gonna far outweigh the money you save by not buying one.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Spike

I am wondering about lifetime lisc. in WI? I live in MN now but I grew up in WI and my dad and cousins have land there and I hunt that. Am I able to get a lifetime lisc. even though I am not a residence?
Matt
Old 03-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

In NC you have to be a resident...
Old 03-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Typical Buck

Folks,

I am saddend to hear so many Americans asking for tax increases. I guess you have bought into Joe Bidden's "Paying Higher Taxes is the Patriotic thing to do" speil. I would not mind paying higher taxes (and yes that is what a fee is, so don't attempt to argue that point) to hunt if that money was 100% dedicated to hujnting and fishing. But just like social security and medicare taxes, these increases will go to a general fund and fund everything but fish and wildlife. Dobbs said states were looking for a revenue stream. IF YOU NEED MONEY RAISE TAXES ON EVERYONE, NOT JUST THE HUNTERS or FISHERMAN or SMOKERS etc. Then you will see the beginning of the next revolution when the masses are effected. Don't let threat on hunting and fishing distract you from the big picture. There is a storm brewing and a dawn rising where you .270 Win will be need for a calling higher then harvesting a deer or elk.

Be Prepared!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wolverines!!!!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Wolverines!!!!

LOL LCC ...THATS MY OLD BUDDY

DD

Old 03-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

Doing well thanks!You knowwhat thoughDoc? They might start a point system where if you accumulate too many points from being ticketed forfishing/hunting without a license, they send out a bench warrant for your arrest.
OR take you out behind the couthouse and SHOOT you ..... looks like things are starting to get out of hand!

dd

Quick Reply: Proposed Price Increase on Hunting and Fishing License

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.