Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Snowmobiler kills 57 ducks in Wisconsin!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default Snowmobiler kills 57 ducks in Wisconsin!!!

This is an addition to the 5 deer that were killed. What the hell is going on here?

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/37601579.html

DNR looking for snowmobiler who ran over, killed 57 ducks

By Ryan Haggerty of the Journal Sentinel

Posted: Jan. 14, 2009
Authorities are searching for a snowmobiler who apparently ran over and killed 57 mallard ducks Tuesday on the Fond du Lac River, just days after five deer were killed when snowmobilers herded them together and ran them over Friday night in Waupaca County.
The ducks were found in an area of open water and on the ice of the river near Lake Winnebago in Fond du Lac, said George Protogere, a DNR warden supervisor.
Tracks in the snow show that the snowmobiler skipped over the open water, turned around and skipped over the water again, Protogere said.
The mallards - 37 drakes and 20 hens - were killed Tuesday between 9 a.m. and early afternoon, Protogere said.
"It's horrible," said Bill Schumann, president of the Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs. "It's disgusting. I don't know what's going on out there, what people are thinking. There's something drastic going wrong here. This is not what snowmobiling is all about."
The deer killed in Waupaca County were found about 9 a.m. Saturday by a farmer who rents land in the Town of Lind. Investigators suspect three or four snowmobiles were involved.
Snowmobile parts were found at the scene.
Four deer were found dead in a field, and a fifth was euthanized.
The area where the ducks were slaughtered Tuesday is near an outflow from a water treatment facility that pumps warm water into the river, creating open water in which ducks often congregate, Protogere said.
Necropsies on the ducks will be performed today, Protogere said.
"We want to make sure they did die from trauma (from) being struck by a snowmobile," Protogere said. "For all of them to be alive at 9 (in the morning) and all of them to be dead at 2 in the afternoon would tell you that it's really not a disease issue. We're pretty confident that the ducks were killed by a snowmobile."
'That's not a snowmobiler'
Members of the Fond du Lac County Snowmobile Association said they are outraged by the deer and duck killings.
The person who killed the ducks "was on a snowmobile, but that's not a snowmobiler. That's an idiot," said Randall Brown, an association member. "A snowmobiler, same as a sportsman, does not do stuff like that."
Walt Parsons, the association's secretary, said its members would work with the DNR to find the person who killed the ducks.
"I've been snowmobiling for 40 years, and you don't hear about these things," Parsons said. "If a snowmobiler sees an animal, you just slow down and you don't even stop, because (stopping) will startle them."
Schumann, the president of the state association of snowmobile clubs, said those responsible for the deer and duck killings must be punished.
"You have to go after them; you have to get them arrested and get them convicted," Schumann said. "I'd like to take their snowmobile away, take their privileges away and see them get some jail time."
A $9,000 reward fund has been established by two snowmobile groups for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the people who killed the deer in Waupaca County. No reward has been established in the duck killing.
Anyone with information on the deer killing is asked to call the Waupaca County Sheriff's Department at (715) 258-4466.
Anyone with information about either case is asked to call the DNR's violation hotline at (800) 847-9367. Callers may remain anonymous.
[/align]
Old 01-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Snowmobiler kills 57 ducks in Wisconsin!!!

Dayum....the duck deal will be a Federal Offense!!! That guy is not only an idiot...hes phucked!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

The sad thing is that you get all sorts of drunks, teenagers, and overall screw-ups going out in the country on snowmobiles and 4-wheelers and tearing up crap, but then people want to blame it on hunters.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

That issssssssss SICK.

And deffintly NOT a hunter.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

The sad thing is that you get all sorts of drunks, teenagers, and overall screw-ups going out in the country on snowmobiles and 4-wheelers and tearing up crap, but then people want to blame it on hunters.
And trespassers. It really irks me, I'm coyote calling on a property and to have sleds blast through right in our setup. Every year guys fall through on Lake Huron on their machines and all I can think about is Darwinism.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

that is just horrible. i wonder what was going through these dumb @$$es minds when they did it. i hope someone turns these people in
Old 01-16-2009, 02:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

They found the guy that ran over the ducks from what I heard this morning.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:28 AM
Typical Buck

what a pc og sh*t
Old 01-16-2009, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

Pure scum of the earth!!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:12 AM

Tell me about it. I live not 30 minutes from there. It sickens me. Sad thing is it makes the snowmobilers look bad.

Quick Reply: Snowmobiler kills 57 ducks in Wisconsin!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.