Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

bringing deer in from across a field

Old 01-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: bringing deer in from across a field

M. A.D. Growler works great during all phases of the rut. If you are shooting with a rifle, you shouldn't need to get them that close. If with a shotgun or a bow,I'd try a decoy or the "can". Food plots work well too. This is the great part of hunting. Finding out where to hunt and what works.Good luck with whatever you decide.

Spudrow from MO
Old 01-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have the H.S. version of the can calls. would the big big can be my best bet for across fields?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Typical Buck

As long as you have little wind the deer should be able to pick up on the noise depending on the distance of course. If I remember correctly, my lil can could go as far as 200-300 yards, but I where I hunt there are little to no trees to block any noise or create a diversion. I haven't personally used the big can, but you could give it a try, but if you have a lil can, try it first, if it doesn't work then go and get the bigger one. That way you aren't spending money that you don't have too.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tobe_B

As long as you have little wind the deer should be able to pick up on the noise depending on the distance of course. If I remember correctly, my lil can could go as far as 200-300 yards, but I where I hunt there are little to no trees to block any noise or create a diversion. I haven't personally used the big can, but you could give it a try, but if you have a lil can, try it first, if it doesn't work then go and get the bigger one. That way you aren't spending money that you don't have too.
well i have all three so i wont be spending any more money