Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Venting

Old 12-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Venting

Well i need to vent somewhere, it turns out my father is a dick once again. This guy has a huge peace hunting land which i dont hunt because of respect for him. then he turns around and hunts on my only peace of private land which i went though a lot of trouble to get. Now i dont know what to do, he is such a deer pig. the only reason he is hunting there is because i have something he doesn't. Sorry im go so pee'ed off. What would you do in my situation.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:54 PM

Default RE: Venting

eff him. If he is that rude I would hunt on his piece of property. That's kinda weird that you two don't hunt together, but different strokes for different folks.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Banned

If you dont like each other that much, post your property, tell him he can't hunt there....
Old 12-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

He won't let you hunt on his land but he's hunting on your land without permission? If you choose not to hunt his place but he says its ok, and then you say its ok for him to hunt on your place and he takes you up on it ...you have nothing to realy complain about. However, if you've asked to hunt his land and he said no there isn't much you can to. But I would not allow him to hunt on my place if that were the case.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FossilThomas

Well i need to vent somewhere, it turns out my father is a dick once again. This guy has a huge peace hunting land which i dont hunt because of respect for him.
These two words really don't go together in the same paragraph. Have you tried talking to him maybe bring up a trade off.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds to me like we are dealing with two pieces of land that those two have permission to hunt rather than something they actually own. Is that right?
Old 12-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

dude that sucks. i can't believe you two have that kind of a volatile relationship. but do like i've done to my friends who have a lot bigger place than me and don't want to share but want me to share: kindly deny. i've got some friends who have hundreds of acres to hunt and i'm stuck hunting 10 acres here, 18 acres there, and these guys still want to get in on my "action". just deny him the privilage and explain calmly your situation, and if he doesn't respect the way you feel he's not worth bothering with.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Dominant Buck

pillow him
Old 12-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure of your relationship with your father but it seems to me there are deeper issues than hunting land here. If your willing to go online and bash family like that something is going on. Just a few questions to get a better understanding.
1. How old are you? How old is your father?
2. How long have you been hunting together?
3. Did he teach you about hunting?
4. Is it out of respect that you don't hunt his land or fear?

Just sayin. If it were my father. I'd let him hunt where ever he wanted to hunt whenever he wanted to hunt it and I'd beg to go with him. Cause now that mine's not here I can't get that back. ...... My old man's been gone 8 years and I still miss him somethin' awful. I'd do about anything to get to hunt with him now.

Seems you need a fix on your relationship not hunting. Just my lil two coppers worth.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'm a little confused with what the situation exactly is but I would have to agree 100% with bigpapa. Obviously there needs to be something worked out between you two. Like bigpapa said, you can never replace the hunting experiences with your dad when he's gone. That's why I cherish mine now while I can. Good luck on the situation. I hope some of this helps out.

Quick Reply: Venting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.