Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any of yall haveing this problem?

Old 12-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default Any of yall haveing this problem?

I went to Wal-Mart the other day to pick up some 30-06 180 PSP Core Lokt shells, when I got there they said we havent got any I didnt thinknothing of it till today. Iwent to the local sportinggoods store here in town and he didnt have none either [:@]Im down to 4 shells. The guy told me they have been on back order for 3 weeks and he still hasn't got any yet and its not just the shells im trying to get its several popular calibers. He also said that with the way everything is going that the bullets im shooting would probably be around $70-$75 next year , he told me if you can find any you had better stock up on them, I tried one other sporting goods store across the state line and I bought the last box that they had. When I got to the house I said ill order some off the internet, I pull up theCabelas website and they have what Im looking for, the same shells that I paid$23 for they have them for $15 so I proceed to order and find out that they are on back order . Any of yall haveing this problem?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Any of yall haveing this problem?

The fed premium sabot slugs I use have been sold out all over every wal-mart and they have been on back order since Nov 15th. I dunno whats up but next year I am stocking up on ammo
Old 12-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks alot obama[:@]!, AR-15 prices up 50% overnight, I cant get 9mm ammo to practice with, and now freaking hunting ammo is running out? Man, I almost hope the SOB gets the gun ban overwith so I can see what wehe lets uskeep.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

I havent even thought about pistol ammunition I have a 9mm hope I can find some ammo somwhere for it. If its up to Obamy what we get to keep we will all be shooting bb guns if we are lucky.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

The reason all the ammo is on backorder is because everyone is "scared" of this supposed ammo ban and gun ban and sales are up 70%. If all the ignorant people in the world didn't freak out based on god knows what reasoning there would be plenty of ammo. I haven't read or heard anything about gun bans other than what the NRA says and they have they have an agenda. Never heard anything from Obama.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

No problem at all down here. There is plenty of ammo. Some people need to stop freaking out so much. Once again, consumer panic = higher demand =limited supplies = higher prices. This gives businesses a reason to price gouge.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: earnabuck

The reason all the ammo is on backorder is because everyone is "scared" of this supposed ammo ban and gun ban and sales are up 70%. If all the ignorant people in the world didn't freak out based on god knows what reasoning there would be plenty of ammo. I haven't read or heard anything about gun bans other than what the NRA says and they have they have an agenda. Never heard anything from Obama.
Ignorant or not, ammo is something that you can easily store and should be bought up as much as you can afford cause ban or not, it ain't gonna get cheaper in the future. A stockpile craeted at todays prices ain't ever gonna hurt you, just the guy guy that wants to buy as needed and can't find any when he wants it.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will agree with you half way. Obama or not, the price of ammo will continue to rise, but the rise in demand, because of consumer panic, will make the price even higher. I don't disagree withstocking up on ammo. It definately can't hurt you. I just wish people didn't freak out so quick after Obama was elected.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Well said tee I agree 100%
Old 12-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bass Pro always has some.

Quick Reply: Any of yall haveing this problem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.