Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sick of Hunting Shows!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sick of Hunting Shows!!!

I think that if you or I could hunt land with that type of deer poplation we would be tilked to death. The fact is that they put in a lot of time and money to get a deer heard like that. If we had the land and the time and money we could do the same. So don't be upset if they see 100 bucks they earned it. They just shair it with everone else.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like Hank Parker Outdoors. Those guys are funny.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gypsybill

Look in his post to the right where it says (in reply to Gypsybill)
It's going to say thatwhen you post after someone everytime. It doesn't mean he is responding to your post, which in this case I don't believe he is. It just means he made a post after you.If you quote someones post, then you are responding to that person, which I am doing at this moment.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't really care for many of the hunting shows endless advertising. The only thing i like to watch is waterfowl hunting anymore on shows, i turn the channel if it is deer hunting usually.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:47 AM

I agree. The advertising ruins most of it for me.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

Look in his post to the right where it says (in reply to Gypsybill)
It's going to say thatwhen you post after someone everytime. It doesn't mean he is responding to your post, which in this case I don't believe he is. It just means he made a post after you.If you quote someones post, then you are responding to that person, which I am doing at this moment.
Thanks. I didn't know it worked that way.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

They also seem to have endless commercials and really are endless commercials in themselves. Is an Encore rifle the only rifle that anyone hunts with any more? I have kind of enjoyed Roger raglin lately but his last show was so full of shameless promotions I turned it off.
I am not a paid schill for TC, butthe reason why you see so many of them carrying Encores might have to do with the Encore being a extremely high quality gun. Sure it is a single shot, but that is all I need. My Encore has yet to let me down (which I can't say about my Winchester or Remington guns) and is why I always recommend Encores to anyone looking for what I consider an impecable hunting package (if they have the money).
Old 12-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

I agree. The advertising ruins most of it for me.
Just rememeber that the paid advertising is what is allowing you to watch those shows. The subscription rate for any cable or network hunting show is always gonna be low. If the channel can't make money from ads, they will make it from you in the way of $30 per channel subscriptions. So pick you poison $360 a year to watch an hunting/outdoors channel or put up with ads in order to keep your individual cost down.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I dont voluntarily watch these shows, but occasionally get roped into it when i am at my parent's place and my Dad seizes the TV controls. To me, they are as boring as watching paint dry. Even worseis the endless stream of commercials that try to make you think that if you buy the ACME deer call, you will kill one just like the monster buck that somepro on the show justshot on a private ranch with a 90 percent success rate on trophy kills. And if i had plenty ofmoney, buying a canned hunt thru an outfitter would be way down on the list. But, to each his own.I do like to watch some fishing shows from time to time which lots ofother folks likely think is a waste of time.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: teedub31

They also seem to have endless commercials and really are endless commercials in themselves. Is an Encore rifle the only rifle that anyone hunts with any more? I have kind of enjoyed Roger raglin lately but his last show was so full of shameless promotions I turned it off.
I am not a paid schill for TC, butthe reason why you see so many of them carrying Encores might have to do with the Encore being a extremely high quality gun. Sure it is a single shot, but that is all I need. My Encore has yet to let me down (which I can't say about my Winchester or Remington guns) and is why I always recommend Encores to anyone looking for what I consider an impecable hunting package (if they have the money).
It is not that they all carry Encores that bother me but that they mentionthem so often. It seems that they cannot make a shot with referring to their trusty Encore which made it all possible. I feel like they are blantantly pushing the gun at every opportunity and it makes the show less enjoyable for me. I have never considered an Encore because of the above, but since you seem so impressed with them I may have a look.

Quick Reply: Sick of Hunting Shows!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.