Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sick of Hunting Shows!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sick of Hunting Shows!!!

If you had their kind of money, you'd be hunting the same way. Most of them hunt with outfitters (if not all).
Old 12-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only part about hunting shows that really pisses me off is horrible shots...after which they claim is "right where I wanted it."

I saw a show 2 weeks ago with a guy who missed the same buck (with his bow) twice @ 20 yards. The next day he was in a ground blind....same deer walked by...and he missed again. Got another arrow ready...slammed it in the LR quarter. The deer ran off with most of thearrow sticking out of his hind quarter. The next thing you know is he's crouching behind the deer and bragged about his shot. He missed 3 times, and connected on 1 horrible shot. Get out of the woods and practice for the sake of the deer......GD'it....

I hope some of you saw this show. If I remember correctly...it was sponsered by a trail camera brand.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with those who have said if you don't like it, don't watch it. To each his own and if folks want hunt like that its their prerogative.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

Simple, don't like it, don't watch it. Not too hard of a concept, eh?
x3!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

I watch hunting shows everyday. I have some I like and some I dont. I will not watch a hunting show I dont like. If its a fenced in area the channel gets changed. My favorites are Realtree roadtrips, primos, getn close, and Knight and Hale...
Old 12-02-2008, 09:19 PM

They also seem to have endless commercials and really are endless commercials in themselves. Is an Encore rifle the only rifle that anyone hunts with any more? I have kind of enjoyed Roger raglin lately but his last show was so full of shameless promotions I turned it off.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:30 PM

honestly if you had the money you would most likely do the same thing. if i had the chance to go to one of these big outfitters and get a huge buck i would. i'm not gonna lie and say i would never go and i'm pretty sure if anyone else had the chance they would go to. next year my grandpa said he wants me to get a big buck so he's booking me a guided hunt up in NY. i'm not going to turn him down and say no i don't want to go. i'm sure i'm going to have a great time and hopefully get a nice buck.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:38 PM

hunter, I have the money. I can spend every day of my life hunting anywhere Ichoose to. Did you read my post? Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with my post.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gypsybill

hunter, I have the money. I can spend every day of my life hunting anywhere Ichoose to. Did you read my post? Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with my post.
How do you know he's talking to you

Old 12-02-2008, 11:05 PM

Look in his post to the right where it says (in reply to Gypsybill)

Quick Reply: Sick of Hunting Shows!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.