Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My 2008 Ohio Shotgun Doe.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My 2008 Ohio Shotgun Doe.

yeah if its brown its down
Old 12-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bubba123

is that a mossberg 500 deer combo, like the ones they sell at dicks?
No it is a Rem 870 fully rifled barrel Simons 4x32 pro diamond scope. Its a Great gun.

ORIGINAL: newguy23

Congrats... I love to see people take mature does in Ohio, as you know, the buck to doe ratio is not great.

That looks like a very big doe (140 pounds?) did you weigh her?

I am getting frustrated with my hunting group, they all passed on does in the hopes of getting antlers this year. I am left with having to go take a couple of does now to keep the population and ratio in check.

CONGRATS!
I looked for my scale but my twin girls were sick that day so we had to take them to the doctor. So I never got her on the scale. I do know she was as big as a buck a guy checked in behind me.

I agree I like to take some does out. My neighbors don't seem to care about taking them out so I guess its up to me and my daughter. I hunt for meat. Antlers are a bonus. Sure I like a big buck but I like the meat.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bubba123

is that a mossberg 500 deer combo, like the ones they sell at dicks?
No it is a Rem 870 fully rifled barrel Simons 4x32 pro diamond scope. Its a Great gun.

ORIGINAL: newguy23

Congrats... I love to see people take mature does in Ohio, as you know, the buck to doe ratio is not great.

That looks like a very big doe (140 pounds?) did you weigh her?

I am getting frustrated with my hunting group, they all passed on does in the hopes of getting antlers this year. I am left with having to go take a couple of does now to keep the population and ratio in check.

CONGRATS!
I looked for my scale but my twin girls were sick that day so we had to take them to the doctor. So I never got her on the scale. I do know she was as big as a buck a guy checked in behind me. I guess here around that. Not sure though

I agree I like to take some does out. My neighbors don't seem to care about taking them out so I guess its up to me and my daughter. I hunt for meat. Antlers are a bonus. Sure I like a big buck but I like the meat.