Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ground scrape question

Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 PM

Default RE: Ground scrape question

ORIGINAL: MD DEERHUNTER

One of the biggest lessons I've learned was from a co-worker. He told me to lose the gimmicks. I no longer use cover sents, I don't bait deer and I feel that scent blocker clothing is a joke. I've saved a ton of money and I'm still seeing several deer.
Hi MD, thanks for the input..I've heard the scent blocking clothing with the carbon filter in it, is useless..the one you "activate" in the dryer...A good frind of mine is a bowhunter and swares by it...but I've heard it doesn;t work well..

I only use "scent-away" spray on my boots and a light mist of my clothing. This is the first year I'm trying the scents like the estrous during the rut. Have just heard a lot of good things.

At this point I will do anything for a chance at a good buck..

But you guys are right, I really need to begin paying more attention to the wind. Tonight I looked over the property using google earth, and am picking out spots for stands for next year so I will have diff places to set up depending on the wind. I'm learning slowly...

I also am trying to learn how to use my grunt call..I have bought a knight & hale last year, but am afraid of spooking the deer with it, I take it out with me, but never use it..I've been watching videos on the diff grunt, i.e. tending grunt, trailing grunt, etc...

Just learning all of this has been very fun for me...even if I dont see anything when I'm out, I have a great time. just sitting there away from everything...thanks again for your advice/input

-Scott