Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Oklahoma and Texas deer

Old 11-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Oklahoma and Texas deer

Do any of you fine people have any pictures of your kills from OK and TX? Just curious as my boyfriend will be moving to the Tulsa area of OK. What are the deer like there and in TX?

Thanks
Old 11-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Oklahoma and Texas deer

I saw a 160 class 10 point driving through Tulsa last year, right on the northwest side of town. Northern OK has alot of Kansas-type bucks.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

I have lived in Tulsa all my life and we have a good population of deer in the state. You get into your bigger bucks out in the plains in north western Oklahoma. We also have some big bucks in the southeast part of the state. If you kill one that scores 160" around here that's a great buck.

Darrall Dougherty
Old 11-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

So your going to be an Okie huh?Here are three buck I took last year and this year, just to give you an idea. These three were taken in what we call the hill country. Different sized bucks come from different regions. But it's hard to find land to hunt in Texas. Most people have to pay to lease land for deer hunting. People in Oklahoma are killing some real bruiser bucks the last couple years. I don't know they have always had that quality of bucks or not, but their killing some big ones

Old 11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

07-08 Rifle buck

Old 11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

08-09 Bow buck 1

Old 11-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

08-09 Bow buck 2

Old 11-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

AllI have some recent trail cam pic's from this year on the computer here with me....I too am hunting the western part of the hill country in Texas....

We hunt on a property that is free range and has a numerous amount of exotic's running around, a lot of the hill country has the exotic's and they offer year round hunting as well. Like Jim said, finding a place to hunt can be dificult in Texas. Mainly b/c it is so much of a business now, however there are many state wildlife area's that can be hunted and or you can be drawn to hunt these lands for a lot cheaper thana lease. If you do wind up finding a place that is "affordable" in the hill country you can possibly see some of the exotic's too...Here's a few from our place, that we have gotten on camera...

Old 11-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow that pretty nice deer you guys have got in both TX and OK. I was leaning more to Eastern TX and Eastern OK.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone got kills pics from OK?

Quick Reply: Oklahoma and Texas deer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.