Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

shoot or walk

Old 11-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default shoot or walk

would yall let a button buck walk by or shot it the deer i posted earlier i honestly thought it was a doe and to tell you the truth i would have been happier about a doe then a button well just wonderin what yall'd do
Old 11-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: shoot or walk

it would depend if it was legal and ifi had meat in the freezer. but chances are i would shoot. i like deer meat better than horns. now im like horns to so if it was with a doe id take the doe, but otherwise id be having toehead steaks for supper
Old 11-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

if it's legal game, don't let what anyone says on here get to you.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:11 PM

Let em Walk, Let em Grow
Old 11-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

You want to let it walk. You want bucks to get as big as possible, so you shouldn't shoot a button buck.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Rem,
Listen, dont let a few of the guys in here mess with you. You legally shot that deer bud! It was your first deer and you should be proud of him. I shot my first deer when I was 15 and she wasnt much to brag about either but you know what? It was my first deer kill and one I will never forget. No need for the poll, you did real good rem.

Mack
Old 11-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

man ya'll are harsh. Remington is only 14 years of age and that was his first deer. if someone's 8 year old son or daughter killed that buck ya'll would say different. trophy's are different in each persons eyes and if it's legal...no one on here has a right to criticize him. he was only asking this question because a couple of posers thrashed him on his original thread for shooting this deer.

this sure ain't the way to encourage young hunters.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it were my first, heck yeah i would proud regardless.....after that i would be a lil chosey, but for a first , it's fine, it's meat in the freezer and to tell ya the truth, it's more meat than i have so far...so congrats.
In the future if you can just let it get as close as possible, do.....bucks heads are flatter than does, they're more rounded, it may or may not help....but it's something to think about.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Early in the season I wouldn't think twice about shooting it. It will give you some meat and then look for the big boys
Old 11-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: huntnma

If it were my first, heck yeah i would proud regardless.....after that i would be a lil chosey, but for a first , it's fine, it's meat in the freezer and to tell ya the truth, it's more meat than i have so far...so congrats.
In the future if you can just let it get as close as possible, do.....bucks heads are flatter than does, they're more rounded, it may or may not help....but it's something to think about.
i agree its your first deer be proud... however now u can get a little more choosey to help not to shoot another one try not to shoot a lone anterless deer unless u look under its leg to make sure its a doe... so congrats but now stick to does and racks.. good luck huntin

Quick Reply: shoot or walk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.