Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I hate it when...

Old 10-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default I hate it when...

I hate it when you go out hunting (like my dad and I did this evening trying to film our hunt) and just as you get in your stand, your dang uncle has to start mowing the grass down in a field only about 20 yards from out stand. Guess that's what you get when it's family property. Normally that's already done, but this year he was late. Anyway, it screwed up the hunt. Didn't see a deer. He mowed for over an hour beofore the field was done. This year, we had a farmer come and pick up a hay bail when we were hunting, ( I put him on film though lol) we had a black cat come running around, even though I don't believe in that stuff, my dad had these 2 girls come riding by him on horses, and I think that's it. When we hunt on the farmers land we have permission on, we can't really control what he or his damilydoes though. On the family property we tell everyone to stay away, but our uncle just had to cut that grass.[:@]Anyway, as it gets colder, people won't be doing stupid things that they should have taken care of at the latest in late september maybe early october. I'm just glad that I can yell at them, and they can't do a thing about it. They might be 40 years or older than me but I don't care. I'm trying kill deer that they always complain about eating crops and stuff. This stuff happen to any of you guys? I'm sure it does.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I hate it when...

Id keep waitin for those girls on horses!!!hahahahahahah jk man...

I dont know what to say besides hunt farther from where people are gonna be...and if you do...who knows...less people might mean...more deer??

Good luck man!!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

We do it's just this set is right next to a field. Don't even really know why he was mowing it in the first place? Oh well, I put him on camera lol.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Dominant Buck

It's at least an even money bet that the deer have seen Unk mow the grass more than once, and highly unlikely that they're disturbed by it. By now it's probably a dinner bell to them.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Oh ya , after Ive sat an hr or so and its prime evening hunting time all of the sudden here come a kid on a 4 wheeler or another right at prime time going out to sit a while to watch and see if deer come out in his field or not .
Not counting morning hunts when I,ve been ther for 2 hrs and all the sudden a trapper comes driving down the middle of the field within a couple hunred yards of me to go down to the creek to check his traps ..
I no my land borders thers and nothing I can do but grin and bear it ..
More like AAAARRRHH...BEARRRR it ..
I guess the kid who does a little hunting wanted to pi$$ me off the other night . He came barreling down the fiel with his new DADDY boughten Z71 and blew donuts all over , stopped in front of my stand 9 his side of the field ) staired at my trail came then blew a couple donuts in front of it ..
After he cooled down a little we had a chat . Shouldnt happen again .
Some people just dont get it . Try to screw up there nebors hunt and can end up screwing up there own ..[:-]