Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Upper Peninsula Hunting

Old 10-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Upper Peninsula Hunting

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

ORIGINAL: glockman55

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Lots of bucks on the meat pole, but it doesn't look like therewere any antler restrictions in place.
Your point is? From left to right..8 pt. 4.5 yr. old, 10 pt. 2.5 yr., 3 pt. 1.5 yr., 7 pt. 1.5 yr., 8 pt. 1.5 yr., 6 pt. 1.5 yr., spike, ?..I would love to see antler restrictions in Mich. but they are legal. and for the record I don't have one hanging on that pole..I had tag soup last year. There's one on that pole that I would have shot..But, some of these are their first deer ever shot..andthis area has NODoe hunting.
In his post he said "additional antler restrictions", therefore it was implied there were restrictions in place. Looking at the picture it looked to me there were two or three spikes, instead of just one on the meatpole. Othewise I could care less what size deer you shoot.
the age group of ourcamp is 14 yr. to 78..I'll tell Grampa that he can't shoot nothing but a 4 or five year old this year..LMAO..
Old 10-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW...what a small world
This doesn't compare to your cabin thing, but I am from Pinckney and have a brother in Howell. Family all over the area. I was a kid when we moved to Kansas around thirty years ago. Still get back to that area about once a year to visit though, never during deer season. Schedule won't permit that.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Father Forkhorn

WOW...what a small world
This doesn't compare to your cabin thing, but I am from Pinckney and have a brother in Howell. Family all over the area. I was a kid when we moved to Kansas around thirty years ago. Still get back to that area about once a year to visit though, never during deer season. Schedule won't permit that.
Good to hear from you Father Forkhorn, no it doesnt compare to the cabin thing, but still a small world that you chose this thread to read and were from Pinckney...

Just was out in Pinckney tonight scouting....didnt see much sign and only one spooked deer, got out of work to late to hunt so decided to take my oldest boy out for the scouting experience...