Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

outfitters

Old 03-19-2003, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default outfitters

Have any of you guys gone on any guided hunts? I' m from NC and there' s not to many trophy bucks around where I live. I have a 75 yr. old dad and was thinking of getting him out to go with me. After all he did teach me right from wrong, started me hunting and most important tought me hunting safety.

I keep thinking of Texas ranch hunting but that' s like shooting people at fast food joints " Too Easy" My dad still gets around pretty good but could' t deal with something too thick or deep. I would like to find something thats affordable and would see lots of deer to choose from.

As I said there are not lots of big bucks but there are plenty of deer here, so I' m looking for something that is worth the $$$ and time. Please give me any info on what you have done.

Thanks
Boldplate
..............." Hit Em Like A 5 Lb Hammer With A 10 Foot Swing" ............................
Old 03-19-2003, 04:28 PM

Default RE: outfitters

hey boldplate-- what part of raleigh are you from? thats where i' m from too. do yall have your own land or do you hunt the game lands? as far as guided hunts i have never been on one but like you i have looked into several times.i would look at either texas or alabama (just somethin about them big ol swamp bucks that get my attention)
Old 03-19-2003, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Hey click... I live up north on 50 around hwy 98. I grew up hunting in Chatham co. But now hunt anywhere i can. I bow hunt round Deep River (Sanford) When I gun hunt I hunt around Centerville or on Gameland around home. I still hunt in Chatham co went I can find the spots
Old 03-19-2003, 07:32 PM

I live up in Saskatchewan and can recommend a few very good outfitters.
Dunham Outfitting-Goodsoil
Dan Dunham-

DNA guiding-Waskesui
Dave Archer

Brad Fry-Mayfair, SK 306-246-4676

If you need further info, just mail me.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

OK,I understand that your looking for trophy deer.I have an outfitter that you just MIGHT be interested in.I don' t know what qualifies as a true trophy for you.I hunted with this guy for hogs back in Feb. of this year.Lots of deer,turkey,and hogs.I saw some real nice bucks when I was there.They have taken some real wallhangers on his leases.I' m going down there in Oct. for deer.Not terribly expensive,nice accomodations,and not far away from you at all.He' s in Hemingway SC.His name is Rick Grubbs.Web site is www.huntinglodge.net .Regards and good luck in your search,JJWIII.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:50 PM

As a booking agent, I work with great Outfitters, all over the country. Send me an e-mail, I can give you some recommendations [email protected]
Old 03-26-2003, 09:49 PM

Hey boldplate I book hunts in PA., IL., and WI. I may have something you are looking for in a whitetail hunt. I would be happy to send you some literature. Send me an email if you are interested.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:27 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-21-2003, 08:58 PM

hey ; checkout roanokehunting.com. they are in nc and i have spent 3 yrs down there . i' m from pa . they now have a trophy area that will be 3 yrs old this year.bret the owner showed me som cam shots of some very nice bucks.my two sons and i have had very great times down there.there prices are com to everyone else. but it is close to you so you can save some travel costs. good luck
Old 04-21-2003, 09:05 PM

Have you ever tried a game camera? You maybe surprised how many big bucks you have around you.

Quick Reply: outfitters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.