Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Horn hoe

Old 09-02-2008, 08:08 AM

Default Horn hoe

Who is all about shooting bucks specifically as a "trophy"??
Old 09-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Horn hoe

That would be me! [:-]
Old 09-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Each year I set a standard for the buck I will/will not shoot. It's not all about inches for me, I want to shoot a mature animal first, and generally speaking, mature bucks will have a rack that's good enough for me.

I shoot does as the situations arise, and I try to take mature does only. We get one buck a year, no matter what equipment you hunt with. I generally shoot 3-5 deer a year.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:22 AM
Spike

Any mature deer, buck or doe that I am fortunate enough to take is a trophy to me. I could care less what the "trophy standards" are.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:38 AM

ORIGINAL: namari

Any mature deer, buck or doe that I am fortunate enough to take is a trophy to me. I could care less what the "trophy standards" are.
Thats exactly how I see it. I mean of course I would like to have one mounted buck on my wall but I dont have to have it.

I do know, whatever I shoot the first time Im getting mounted. LMAO, might have a doe on the wall what the hell... its my first!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

On our property we're avid proponents of QDM which is often misconstrued as just "trophy hunting," but we're definitely after a lot more than just a big rack
Old 09-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

First things first for me. I put meat in the freezer early. Then I have two other tags to work with. I never pass up a"first" harvest shot on a decent deer to wait out horns.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

I just stive to get one better than my previous. That doesn't mean I will though. I will definitely shoot some does also.
Chris
Opps, I left the R out. STRIVE
Old 09-02-2008, 09:13 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: namari

couldnt have put it any better my self

Old 09-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not a trophy hunter. I am happy and proud with whatever comes out of the woods. Like ive said once on here before. Im only 22... I have the rest of my life to become a "trophy hunter" if I decide to.

Quick Reply: Horn hoe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.