Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

No till food plots???

Old 08-26-2008, 03:53 PM

Default No till food plots???

Anyone ever tried the no-till food plots, or the throw and go?? Im lookin for something to put in a secluded area..
Old 08-27-2008, 12:40 AM

Default RE: No till food plots???

hot spot. But the thing with food plots is if you plant in the fall it will be benifical in the spring, if you plant in the spring it fill be benifical in the fall. One tip try to plant in the woods and in a low spot so that it get plenty of water so that the seeds germinate well, or you can use a seed coater
Old 08-27-2008, 08:27 AM

the no-till means exactly what it says...but that still means u have to clear the area completely and make sure theres a dependent water source and plenty of sun
Old 08-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

DITTO ... make sure rain is in the forecast, preferrably within 24 hours of broad casting the seed and make sure you take a rake to work the soil a little. I did this just inside of a thicket wheresunlight could reach it and the results were fantastic.

At first, I didn't think it came up, but on closer inspection the deer were keepin' it mowed and were coming to it right before dark, then they would head out to the fields to congregate ...

ORIGINAL: Bubba123

the no-till means exactly what it says...but that still means u have to clear the area completely and make sure theres a dependent water source and plenty of sun
Old 08-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have planted imperial whitetail no plow once. It came up good and the deer ate it. You need to make sure that the seed does touch the ground, no grass or leaves. It has to be touching the dirt or it will germnate and then die
Old 08-31-2008, 09:39 AM

Im curious of this myself. Anybody have any suggestions of what works better than others?