Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Primos Buck Roar Call

Old 08-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Primos Buck Roar Call

Bought the Primos Buck Roar Call and am going to try it out this year.Would like to know if anyone else here uses this call and what has your success been with it.Also have you ever used the snort wheeze part of it and did it work.I love using deer calls and rattling and have had much success doing it so this new call by Primos caught my attention so I thought I would try it out.Any comments much appreciated!
Mike
Old 08-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Spike

Default RE: Primos Buck Roar Call

I purchased the call last year and hunt in an area that receives quite a bit of pressure. I had a 3 1/2 yr old buck that came out of a thicket and angling away from me. I picked up my call and blew softly a deep grunt. He was aprox 100yd and still heard me, but he kept walking. I used a can bleat and he seemed slightly interested. When I snort weezed it was all he could stand and he turned around and headed to me. He closed to within a few 30yds but a limb kept me from taking him with my bow.

I have called up a few bucks with grunt tubes before but the added volume adds to its success. I was skeptical about the snort/wheeze but now am a believer. Time of year Late October/pre rut for AR
Old 08-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

I totally feel that this call(buckroar/growl)could and does work with several exceptions...

/1/ I think there is less potential for it in high pressure area's with low buck-doe ratio's and a greater population of younger bucks. I bought the Buck Growl from M.A.D. calls, and used it on a 2 1/2 buck last year, but he just stayed in the thick cover for about half an hour before moving off... I think I over called, but still with less mature bucks per square mile, there is much less of a chance where the deer might have ever even heard the sound in his liftime. In the Midwest where the deer herds are managed for high buck-doe ratios, and trophy bucks, i think it could have amazing effects.

/2/This call to the best of my knowledge is used by bucks mostly during and around rut, so you'll have to pick timing carefully. And I think it is important to realize that it won't work like majic, or even most of the time, although ihave no doubt thatit could just be the thing to tip the odds in your favour.
Gerard
Old 08-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

I absolutely love this call, if for nothing but the volume you can get from it. I've called in bucks that I passed on using it as a "roar", but it also works extremely well as just a plain ole grunt call. The sound carries further than any other call I've seen. I haven't used the snort wheeze to call in deer, but I have used the snort wheeze right at dark to run does and yearlings away so that I could climb out of my stand and leave.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Brother in law uses one the nice thing about that call of the mad buck growl is that you can make a louder call with it and he had good luck with it las year.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Used in the right situation it can be VERY productive. But used at the wrong time will give you no reaction or worse, a spooked deer.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks to all who replied and I am ready to try it out this season! Mike
Old 08-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

i boughtit lastyear andi called in 2 nice bucks butnever got a shot at them. they seem to get really aggressive when you use theroar then the wheeze. good luck with it. its one good product