Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

To be courteous to non hunters, Is it O.K to transport your deer on the roof of your car?

Old 08-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: To be courteous to non hunters, Is it O.K to transport your deer on the roof of your car?

ORIGINAL: Reefdonkey

Wow this has turned into a homophobic nancy girl thread. I really didn't see that coming.

I'll check back in a couple of days, too much scouting and target practice to doto sit around and complain about a non-issue.
It's easy, if you don't like it don't read it.

Even easier, if you don't like it, don't take the time to post something smartass and stupid!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: To be courteous to non hunters, Is it O.K to transport your deer on the roof of your car?

ORIGINAL: tsoc

There you go DannyD letting logic and good sense get in the way of your God given right to proudly display dead animals.Concern for otherpeople?What kind of pansy are you?
Personally I will respect the feelings of others and er to the side of consideration,and I will also know the audience I am in and as a result I will gain opportunities to hunt on properties some of you heathens would never be allowed to set foot on.I will gain peoples trust and respect which will only reflect positively on us as hunters and hopefully will go a ways in nothaving hunters all lumped together in a negative stereo typical type of way.

Dang!! I hate when I do that
Old 08-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I have realized in the process of this conversation is that the things I do as it relates to being respectful or considerate of non hunters has a lot to do with the community I live in and my take on whether certain actions would either help me or hurt me as it relates to hunting privileges or how I am perceived by non hunters.An additional element of that is that I am a business person locally and known by many people,so I er on the side of not offending any one because it is my nature and I don't want either an existing client or a prospective client not to do business with me based on a possible negative perception.
I still believe it to be safer as it relates to the well being of the entire hunting community to use discretion but I definitely understand how in certain area's of the country the non hunters are by far in the minority and it is expected and anticipated that hunters would openly transport their kill's.
I have never had an a deer or a bear visable while transporting,but I have had many in the bed of pick up trucks.For me I also have a concern that I show the animal a great deal of respect and a lot of that has to do with how I treat it after the kill.Right,wrong or indifferent that is how I am.I am not saying that by having it visable on a vehicle or a trailer that the animal is not being shown respect,it really depends on how it is done.
The point of these threads is to share with others and learn from others. I started out on a high horse in this conversation and have seen things a little differently.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Well, if nothing else, it's not too sanitary! Road dust, chemicals and heat, none of that is going to do the meat any good!
Even tossing the sanitary issues aside, I don't consider it very courteous to others! I'm not even talking about the Anti's or being politically correct! I'm talking common sense courtesy and respect for others.
Maybe, it's not only the Anti's that don't care to see dead animals on parade. Besides that, it's not the Hunters or the Anti's that will decide the freedom to own guns or hunt in the future! Its going to be the neutral non hunters, that far outnumber both Anti's and Hunters that ultimately decide the fate of hunting and gun ownership! I'm not saying we have to kiss-up but, there is no reason to be rude either.
With all this said, I can't see any good logical reason to carry an animal on the top of a car roof for any more than a short distance! At least covering it up with a tarp would keep people happy AND keep the meat clean.
i think this quote says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

It used to be in WI that you had to have the deer visible if it was in your truck, car, or what not, now you no longer have to have it visible to anyone if you do not wish to display it.