Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many have seen a piebald?

Old 07-30-2008, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many have seen a piebald?

Ive shot a piebald doe, the only noticeable markings were that the legs were solid white. wish i had gotten pics back then
Old 07-30-2008, 06:38 AM

Had one in the front yard early, early one morning last year. It's the only time I ever saw it, and the only one I've ever seen.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have seen one Doe while Coyote hunting 2 years ago!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Growing up I lived in a very rural area with a dense deer population. They always crossed about a 1/2 mile up the road from us. We had a piebald doe we saw several times there as well as a doe thats legs were only 10'' long never slowed her down though.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

While hunting, I've only seen one. I hunted her for about 7-8 days before I killed her with my CB. Sheis a rare trophy which I'm proud of.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's my trophy. I could only post one pic at a time.[:@]

Old 07-30-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Two turkey seasons ago I was walking the edge of a field and noticed a white deer bounding away in the woods on the other side of the field. I'm not sure if it was pure albino or piebald, I wasn't close enough to tell.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

i saw one last year while turkey hunting. my partner was across the valley from me, i had nocks on him and he had one on me. if anythingthing came that we couldnt see we would use a slow hand signal to advise. i started glassing his hill and saw a bunch of deer coming streight at him. i picked up my 2-way radio and told him that the middle doe was half white. he responded with "you are full of sh*t", 2 minutes later he responded with "you were right she is half albino, she came to 10 yards and stared at me." he had to buy me a beer for that one.

the doe had an all white rump and it faded to brown about half way up her body. still it was pretty cool.

for all of you screaming that it is illegal to use 2-ways, calm down we only use them if we go out of sight or ready to leave, not to transmit game position, and the does were not in season as we were hunting turkeys.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: vmartin

i picked up my 2-way radio and told him that the middle doe was half white. he responded with "you are full of sh*t", 2 minutes later he responded with "you were right she is half albino, she came to 10 yards and stared at me."
I don't know about Kansas, but in Pa, the use of 2 way radio's and cell phone's for the purpose ofalerting another hunter of the presenceof game is not legal. They are however, legal for basic communication.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never seen one. My dad saw a piebald buck in PA oneyear, my aunt has a trailer out there. And yesterday my cousin called me and said hesaw an all white deer while driving to work.

Quick Reply: How many have seen a piebald?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.