Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent-Lok or not?

Old 08-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scent-Lok or not?

I have never used Scent Lok or any other scent control products. If you hunt the wind (which you will have to do anyway even if you have a scent lok suit) your prey won't even know that you are there. Just a bunch of hype is all it is. But like I said I have never used it so it is a uneducated opinion. I do how ever have a few friends that have used the cloths wash, soap, ten different sprays and a Scent lok suit and guess what I see and harvest just as many if not more deer than them. I have a few different stand locationsso I can hunt the wind if it is blowing N, S, E, W. However if you want to try it out by all means do so it's your money not mine.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:36 AM

I own some scent lok I only works on mosquitoes they didn't seem to bite threw but as for deer I ahve been busted more offten then not save your money but bakeing soda
Old 08-06-2008, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm wait'n on Chevrolet to come out with their Scent Lok edition Z71. this way i can stay scent free from my house to the woods
Old 08-06-2008, 04:39 AM
Bartender

If it helps build your confidence by all means use it.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep your clothes clean as possible using no scent soap.

Keep them in a plastic container.

Take a shower before you go using unscented or earth scent soap.

Here's one of the most important one that hardly anybody does. CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES WHERE YOU PARK YOUR VEHICLE.

Spray down with some scent killer, especially your boots.

Hunt the wind.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unless you are a miticulous hardcore monster buck hunter it is my opinion that scentlok at best is only scent free the first time you use it. It is tought to make anything scent free no matter how many time you wash it including yourself. It is best to do what you can by washing everything including yourself often with scent free soaps, deoderants etc. and play the wind as best you can. Thousands of big bucks each year meet there demise without the use of scentlok, it's my opinion that the extra money you save will by you other exessories that will get you in the game better. Good luck bro
Old 08-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Spike

The scent lok issue has been beat to death the past couple years. There are plenty folks out there that still believe it works and wear it. I used it one season, got busted just as much as ever so quit wearing it. Nowadays I make sure me and my clothes are clean each hunt (hunter soap & sportwash) I like the Silver XP body foam or Dead Down Wind body foam. If its cool enough I wear silver fiber underwear. The only thing I spray with Scent Killer is my boots and hair. Don't get busted near as much these days.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Without reading the original post, I see the words "Scent-Lok". When I see those words, I immediately think of words like "rip off" and "scam", because thats exactly what Scent Lok is.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Spike

You guys are beating Scent Lok to a pulp. First, do you take the time to go through the entire Scent Eliminating process? Are you the hunter that buys the shirt without buying the pants and the gloves or vice versa? It's true that deer can bust you with or without Scent Lok, but before you give an opinion make sure you are giving one that is accurate. If you are going totry it and talk about it make sure you give it an honest chance and not doing it half way. I have owned numerous Scent Lok suits and believe in them. True, I have been busted by deer with the suit on, but be honest and realistic, life is not a vacuum and everything in life depends on circumstances, so if the circumstances are perfect for the deer then it doesnt matter what you do or what youhave on they are going to bust you. Scent Lok is not perfect neither are all of the methods that we go through to kill deer.....
Old 08-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

So you say you buy it and believe in it and at the same time basically admit it doesn't work.

If that's the way you want to spend your hard earned money, knock yourself out.

Quick Reply: Scent-Lok or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.