Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Am I crazy or what? 1800 lease

Old 07-14-2008, 04:38 PM

Default RE: Am I crazy or what? 1800 lease

Dave, I think 60 acres a hunter is an awesome amount of land each. I have hunted Slacks a lot and it's 138 acres. They allow 4 hunters on that and I'd say 75% of it is corn field. That's about 9 acres a hunter. Plus fighting the people that live in the houses next to it that sneak on.

Another public area, Woodbrook, is 522 acres and 10 hunters are allowed on there. I have taken many deer out of there. Heck, a couple of years ago, Len told me you guys weren't allowed to hunt the "grocery store" anymore. You know that available land is dwindling.

I refuse to hunt in Liberty. That place is a mad house.

Now I've been going to Meade Heritage a lot. Schaffer Farm is bow only and I've seen some nice ones in there.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:57 PM

Default RE: Am I crazy or what? 1800 lease

I worked for a guy once that was had a side deal away from the company we worked for as a wildlife colsultant for this hunting club. It was around Lake Village,AR. They had their own island in the back waters of the Mississippi. It was a big island. One of those deer management clubs. They had regulations on what buck you could kill. It had to be at least a 15 inch spread, and I forgot what the specs on the main beams where. They had so many deer they got 160 doe tags through the Arkansas Game and Fish to manage their doe population. They also had great hog and waterfowl hunting plus fishing.Guess how much it cost. Intial buy in is 25 thousand and the yearly dues are 10 thousand per person.