Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ammo Prices & Availability

Old 06-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ammo Prices & Availability

I've been noticing my choices for factory loadings has been narrowing (for all calibers) as prices increase. I assume its a cost optimization / cash flow strategy many companies are considering. One example is Bass Pro dropping the entire Federal line. It's not longer on their Website or in their 08 Hunting catelog. I visited the retail outlet today and they have very little Federal left. They had clearance tags on many of the Federal products. They only carry Remington, Winchester, and Hornady. I also noticed the selection at Gander Mountain and Walmart as reduced.

When hunting, especially on a trip I spentmoney on,I want what I want when it comes to premium ammunition. I've been looking for the new 130gr TSX for my .300WSM and none of the traditional sources carried it (Cabelas, Bass Pro, Sportmans WH, or Gander Mountain). I called Federal today and they directed me to Midway USA.WOW! This place is great!

They not only offer the 130gr TSX for my .300 WSM, they carried 32 other options for this caliber. 34 other options for the .22-250, 122 options for the .30-06, and 139 options for the .308. With all these options, you'd think it would cost more right? wrong! Most of the ammo was $3-$4 cheaper then Cabelas. The 165gr TSX for the .300 WSM was $6 cheaper then Cabelas.

Midway USA has found a new customer! Are there any other Web based sources for Ammo you use?

Old 06-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ammo Prices & Availability

I like Midway too. Just be carefull as their shipping rates are a little pricey. If you sign up for a user id, they will email you some good deals, and on your birthday they give you 7-10 days where the knock off a few bucks on most everthing they offer. My first purchase through them was 4 boxes of 7wsm, 2 federal vital shok, and 2 boxes of win. ballistic silvertips for $100 shipped, I was very happy with that bargain!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ammo Prices & Availability

I like Midway also, every now and then they runsome super deals. I got a $300 dollar backpack for half price, plus they had a coupon for $20 off any purchase of $150 or more. Oh, I also got it the day after I ordered it.
Another place to look for ammo is ableammo.com, they usually have a pretty good selection.