Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

baitin n waitn

Old 06-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: baitin n waitn

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

Jag man, you're right bud. If it's legal, go for it.If it's legal to bait bears, do it. I can't pass judgement on anybody's hunting tactics. And Schultzy, itsobvious you are an experienced bear hunter and I am nowhere near your level as far as bear hunting goes, so I'mdone talking about bears ok everybody,lol. I'm outta my league on the bear conversation, shoulda never gotten into it since I've never done it. I was just speaking from what I've seen on tv. I deer hunt, dove hunt, squirrel hunt, and turkey hunt like a starvin indian, so I'll just stick to talkin about that and stay outta the bear hunting deal. I probably won't ever go on a bear hunt, so it aint got anything to do with me. SORRYTO ALL THE BEAR HUNTERS I OFFENDED! haha...... there, maybe I won't get bashed anymore. Kill all the bears you can so maybe they won't ever make it down here to me!
SS it sounds like you and i both learned alot. im not sorry i started this thread after all.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I reckon I did learn a few things about bear hunting over bait. Now when I see it on tv I won't think of it as shootin fish in a barrel, instead I'll think of the challenges you all face hunting a much different animal than I've ever pursued in those much different environments than I face down here. And hey Schultzy, stop it, you're makin me hungry for some squirrel dumplins! By the way, nice deer on the largest buck thread! Guys, thanks for being understanding about my lack of bear baiting knowledge, it's obviously not a topic for an Alabama redneck like myself, haha. Now I know it's not as easy as it seems! Televisionseems to be very good atgiving people the wrong idea about many things! Thanks for the enlightenment!
Old 06-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I might be down your way in the next year or so, I think I've got a wedding or something like that to go to. You seem like a good guy!! Wouldn't mind hooking up with you to do some BSing If I do go.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: forddeerslayer

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

Jag man, you're right bud. If it's legal, go for it.If it's legal to bait bears, do it. I can't pass judgement on anybody's hunting tactics. And Schultzy, itsobvious you are an experienced bear hunter and I am nowhere near your level as far as bear hunting goes, so I'mdone talking about bears ok everybody,lol. I'm outta my league on the bear conversation, shoulda never gotten into it since I've never done it. I was just speaking from what I've seen on tv. I deer hunt, dove hunt, squirrel hunt, and turkey hunt like a starvin indian, so I'll just stick to talkin about that and stay outta the bear hunting deal. I probably won't ever go on a bear hunt, so it aint got anything to do with me. SORRYTO ALL THE BEAR HUNTERS I OFFENDED! haha...... there, maybe I won't get bashed anymore. Kill all the bears you can so maybe they won't ever make it down here to me!
SS it sounds like you and i both learned alot. im not sorry i started this thread after all.
I thought I should add this too that how are we all suppose to learn something if we don't bring it up and ask?? You don't know until you ask right?! More people should do what you did.

Take care!!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

schultzy thanks for saying that i appreciate it.sometimes i feel sorry for posting something lol. i am trying to learn i want to learn EVERYTHING i can i love the outdoors and i love to hunt even more. thanks for being patient and not being mean and explaining it to me. and thanks to all for your comments.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anytime bud!!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I might be down your way in the next year or so, I think I've got a wedding or something like that to go to. You seem like a good guy!! Wouldn't mind hooking up with you to do some BSing If I do go.
That'd be great Schultzy! You don't seem like to bad of a fella yourself. If you make your way down this way let me know for sure! If it's during any big season we might try and slip over to my place and do a little huntin'!I gota real nice 300 acre tract of land on the Tallapoosa. It'sbeautiful landwith some of the best hunting around! I killed anice sized 13 point back in January and IKNOW his brother's around there somewhere! Speakin' of weddings, my best friend's getting married this year......the wedding date, opening day of gun season!!!! I let him know I was disappointed in him, haha. I told him that me showin up would depend on what kinda day I have in the woods that morning . Thanks again forall thebearinfo, good talkin' with ya!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Theres a higher success rate when baiting bears. Theres a lot of work that goes into getting bears to visit the same bait site(s) day after day. Ive never bear hunted but hope to have the chance soon with all the bears in my area now. Please dont condem thoes who bait any wildlife, if its legal and it works more power to those who do and are successful. I used to bait religouslyy but now I dont do it near as much. I may put out a coffee can of corn once in a while but its not in a pile its scatterd. so the deer look for it or find it when they are eating acorns, same with apples. I use it more as a treat than a tool.