Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Field n Stream and other mags?

Old 05-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Field n Stream and other mags?

Just received a new copy of field n stream, previously had both FnS and Outdoor life, after figuring out it was 2 of the same, dropped to only 1, at the time they had some deal, but I find only a few issues a year do much for me....

personally the only reason I get it is to learn about a new round or firearm etc...occasionally there may be something else interesting but usually not, also everytime there is some gun review or new round discussion, half the time I could care less, I bet you in total only 1 or 2 issues a year are like I'm glad to get, the rest end up in the recycling bin almost right after I get them.

Anyone else not enjoying a magazine? I get a few others, Eastmans' and Huntin Fool, both of those seem pretty solid,

Which magazines are your favorties? least favorites? let me know if you like FnS or Outdoor life? one more than the other? neither, both? any differences you've noticed....I'm pretty sure once my subs runs out I won't be renewing that one.

I also get IL Game n Fish, which they seem to make one of those for everystate, and again, only the hunting part interests me, so 6 months of the year or so, I could care less typically. Even though its not great I like to be informned about whats happening in IL, think I'll hang on to that one for another year. Maybe those 3 mags are enough, but 2 of the 3 are aimed at out west, not a bad thing, but what's a guy to do for a overall solid hunting magazine?

Old 05-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Field n Stream and other mags?

Deer & Deer Hunting, North American Whitetail, &Bowhunter, I like them all......I also get Buckmasters & North American Hunting Club magazines cause I was a fool 20 years ago to become a life member of each....Also American Hunter
Old 05-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

fur fish game and the American rifleman.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with bowhunter. deer and deer hunting and bowhunting are both i get and like them alot. my mom got me FnS for christmas i think they are to generalized they go from fishing all kinds of stuff to goat hunting and everything now to some im sure thats what they like but me bein from pa i whitetail MOSTLY with some small game and turkey so 3/4 ofthe time the FnS doesnt do much for me just my two cents just my opinion
Old 05-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

North American Whitetail, Bowhunting, Eastman's, and Bowhunter are my favs.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've subscribed to North American Whitetail for years. I like to read about actual hunts. It's a good magazine.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer and Deer Hunting's value is one of the few that it's value is worth the cost. Many other whitetail hunting mags. are over priced. Outdoor Canada is also an inexpensive mag. that has loads of useful info but not all on deer hunting. Their fall hunting forcast special mag. is the best issue of the year.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Field and Stream,Outdoor Life,North American Whitetail,Bow And Arrow Hunting,Bowhunter,Deer & Deer Hunting,Bugle,Petersons Hunting,New York Outdoor News,American Hunter.I also Subscribe to a couple of non hunting magazines,Sports Illustrated,Mens Journal,Outside.I think thats it.
I enjoy reading.
I am interested to hear about Hunting Fool,is that Garth Carters magazine?
Old 05-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

I've subscribed to North American Whitetail for years. I like to read about actual hunts. It's a good magazine.
I love North American Whitetail mag, especially since it only costs $3.99 an issue.I pick it up at the news stand each month. I like Deer & Deer Hunting very much also, but I'd like to know when it went up to $4.99 an issue? That's a lot for that magizene.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Huntin Fool is Garth's mag.....This is my 1st year subscribing, I like it, the covers are incredible, amazing photos....

has both info and successful stories....I like it more of the info than anything. Personally I think I like to learn more from a mag, than reading about a hunt, unless something happened....unique etc....

Quick Reply: Field n Stream and other mags?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.