Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Field n Stream and other mags?

Old 05-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Field n Stream and other mags?

I like Deer & Deer Hunting magazine the best and 2ndly Petersons Bow Hunting magazine,I've bought a few North American Whitetail magazine but it seems to me that they were around $12.00 to $13.00 for theirs?I've read a few Buckmasters magazines and "Racks" magazine that was a good decent magazine that had a lot of pictures and articles about the Hunters and the Deer they shot.

Some of the magazines out today have more advertizements in them than articles about hunting so I quit buying them or subscribing to them all together.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I subscribe to Field & Stream, and have for years and years and years... It's a classicmagazine. 113 years and still going strong...

I'll pick up other magazines on the newstand, if a cover article catches my eye.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:10 AM

I just got my Outdoor Life yesterday. I got it free with the purchase of my cabelas game. I love it.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get Deer & Deer Hunter, Rack and the PA Game News. I agree D&DH is a quality magazine with a good mix of tactics, gear and actual hunts. I like Rack beacuse the articles are short and they are usually written by the guy who shot the deer or a close friend.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:44 AM
Little Doe Peep

We get Field and Stream. I love reading about different kinds of hunting and fishing. Although I have to admit, fly-fishing doesn't sound terribly exciting tp me. I skip the articles about guns beause we're not rich. There's also some fun humor and the letters to the editor are always interesting.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Fork Horn

I get D&DH, the Eastmans Hunting& bow Hunting Journal.. which ROCK.. all these mags are Awseme.. all the others that ive seen are ALLL advertisements.. the Eastmans is really full of info. i cant wait to open the mailbox to wait for new issues of both of those magz.