Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ipod Nano in woods?

Old 05-14-2008, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ipod Nano in woods?

I dont see a problem with taking it, I play video games on my cell phone when the deer aren't moving sometimes. I text my friends and brother occasionallyif they are in the stand to see what they have seen or if they need help bloodtrailing, dragging a buck out,etc. just to keep in touch. I have alot of time to hunt throughout the season, and it gets boringsometimes.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

I wouldn't have my ears plugged listening to tunes personally but I have watched Michael Waddell many times in the woods with his Ipod. I shot my buck last year and had to put down the PSP. Volume was down of course.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bryant1

I dont see a problem with taking it, I play video games on my cell phone when the deer aren't moving sometimes. I text my friends and brother occasionallyif they are in the stand to see what they have seen or if they need help bloodtrailing, dragging a buck out,etc. just to keep in touch. I have alot of time to hunt throughout the season, and it gets boringsometimes.
i do this too, only if i killed a deer, or in the worst part of the day, just to see how everyones hunt is goin
Old 05-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nick_bleuer76

Shouldn't you be listening to your surroundings???
X 4!

I can't tell you how many deer I have heard first before I first saw them. One of the reasons I love hunting is to be outside and see and hear everything going on around me. I have been known to bring a book or pocket video game (sound muted) with me into the woods, but I make sure I look up every30secondsand try to hear everything around me while my head is down.

What ever makes you happy though. If time gets a little slow for ya, do what you have to in order to pass the time. I'd just be ready, you never knowwhen the faint rattling of antlers, agrunt or a gun shot from ablind a few hundred yards away could clueyou in on where a monster buck is out of view. The only reason I spotted the biggest buck i've ever seen this year was from a faint grunt that I never would have heard with head phones on (of course I already shot my buck earkier that day!)

If you do bring it out, I'd put it in a thick wool sock in and outof the woods. You wouldn'twant your binoculars or knifescratching it up.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting just isn't about looking, its also about hearing. I would never listen to music while hunting. It could make you miss the deer of a lifetime.