Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SCENT LOK - SUED AGAIN

Old 04-28-2008, 11:42 AM

Default SCENT LOK - SUED AGAIN

I just heard that Scent Lok is now being sued for Fraud by hunters in Ilinois.

Here is the link. http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-ilndce/case_no-1:2008cv02118/case_id-218974/
Old 04-28-2008, 11:52 AM

Default RE: SCENT LOK - SUED AGAIN

Do you got to subscribe to that website to look at it?
Old 04-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Spike

Some people just have way to much time on therehands.I hope the case comes up in court right at the start of hunting season and last 6 weeks.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

lol, that is like sueing mc-donalds cause you are too fat. durrr, my butt is too big

you know you got a 3 day stink going when even sent lok can't hold it in. durrr, the deer passed out when i lifted my arms. lol
Old 04-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

Like putting perfume on a pig.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

what are they suing for?
Old 04-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just guessing, but I'd say it probably alleges that the company lied about the effectiveness of their product.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last suit had more to do with the claims that the stuff can be recharged. The recharge claims seem to defy the laws of chemical physics.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 AM

You just log on to the site to see the people involved.

From what I understand the MN suit and this one both allege that the hutners were defrauded by the claims that Scent Lok will reduce 100% of you odors 100% of the time (they said it in an ad), and by their claims that activated carbon can be reactivated - whichaccording to most carbon reactivation companies can't be done at temperatures under about 1500 degrees - much to high for any household dryer.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WildlifePhoto

You just log on to the site to see the people involved.

From what I understand the MN suit and this one both allege that the hutners were defrauded by the claims that Scent Lok will reduce 100% of you odors 100% of the time (they said it in an ad), and by their claims that activated carbon can be reactivated - whichaccording to most carbon reactivation companies can't be done at temperatures under about 1500 degrees - much to high for any household dryer.
Well as much as I don't agree with the lawsuit at all,Companies really got to watch whatthey advertise.
The carbon idea was a hell of an idea though, so is baking soda, so is throwing your clouths in a potatoe sackwith cedar and moss in an attempt to keep scent to a min.
But these companies don't think about is ALL hunters
expose their skin, hair, some of their (if not all of their)clothing products,(weather intentional or unintentionally) to at least one (if not more)of these air born contaminants. Gas, exaust fumes, beverages, smokes,cigars,air fresheners, somebodies perfumes, etc before they even get to the field to begin hunting.It doesn't take much to do it, knocking on a friends door to pick him up, his wife opens up with a perfume scent on her and now you have it on you.
Was that clothing meant for unnatural smells NO,all these air born contaminants are exposed to everybody everywhere, once its on you its part of your scent,so why would a company be soo stupid that it would advertise, 100% of your odours 100% of the time.
VERY VERY STUPID MARKETING PROCEDURE IN A WORLD WHERE EVERBODY SUES EVERYBODY.

Quick Reply: SCENT LOK - SUED AGAIN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.