Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What Do You do in the Off Season?

Old 04-22-2008, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Do You do in the Off Season?

work around the house and wait till what ever comes up next. I do it all so, there really is no off season.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I run around with married women...And a widow or 2...
Old 04-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

In the spring I turkey, bear, and varmint hunt. I take the kids out to see the wildlife that has been concentrated by the winter snows. We also look for shed horns and mushroom hunt. Come summer we hit the rivers and the high country, which is a plus with Idaho when temperatures soar, you can head down to cool water or up to higher elevations to beat the heat. Trout fishing road trips to many of our rivers up north is one of my favorite pastimes, but with gas prices those trips may be few and far between. We camp allot from now until hunting season, most summers we spend almost every weekend in the woods, great to get away from the phone, and good for the kids. If you want to see our trips from last summer go to my blog.

Rednecks on our St. Joe trip. Nothing like early mornings on an Idaho Mountain stream in the Summer.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:37 AM

I go to the range more on off season. I also at that time try different brands of ammo and see what groups best at 100 to 200 yards.
I have also taken up hunting feral hogs. I been out 7 times and never seen one. But you can see all the rooting done. Thats where I sit up to hunt. Guess hogs are not as routine as a whitetail. Seems they root in different areas.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Spend more time at Angelina's, Carrabba's, Johnny Carino's, Macaroni Grill,Olive Garden, Leroy Selmon's........ and last but not least, Red Lobster!

Dog Hog hunting in FL day or night and no bag limit!Private Property Ony!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:11 PM

OFFSEASON! there is never an off season! there is always something to shoot or catch. wether it be crow or catching suckers, i never have an off season always chasing something.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Never an off season. There is always something to chase or catch.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:48 PM

Get drunk and play golf...... Trout fishing is fun too.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about the rest of you, but there is ALWAYS something to do other than hunt. I work, have a family, and have many other responsibilities so hunting has to work itself around those activities which take priority. We shouldn't just wish our lives away waiting for the next deer season to roll around. There are tons of different ways one could occupy their time. Hunting should NOT be the only one.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steve863

I don't know about the rest of you, but there is ALWAYS something to do other than hunt. I work, have a family, and have many other responsibilities so hunting has to work itself around those activities which take priority. We shouldn't just wish our lives away waiting for the next deer season to roll around. There are tons of different ways one could occupy their time. Hunting should NOT be the only one.
WHAT??? There is more to life than hunting?

Quick Reply: What Do You do in the Off Season?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.