Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

why is it so addictive

Old 02-25-2008, 10:28 PM
GL

Default why is it so addictive

now that the season is coming to en end and over down where i live i find my self being really bourd. i have no hunting trips to look forward to, really have nothing to do aside from work i find myself thinking about deer more and more. as i think about my hunting adventures i often wonder, why is hunting so addictive? it seems there are two types of people ,people that dont like hunting and people that eat sleep and breath it. any body have any observations of our sport. i know it is not the taking of the animal or the antler size it has to be something deeper than that. am i the only person that feels this way? am i the only person thats girl friend or wife really believes that they come in a distant second to hunting, just becouse a few little plans have been broken due to the rut showing signs of kicking off? i Know there is a few to many questions in here to make any sense, so my basic question is why is Hunting so addictive?
Old 02-26-2008, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: why is it so addictive

The challenge, being outside getting away from work home & people
Old 02-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its in our Genes....Just spend your time on here and learn....
Old 02-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try spring turkey hunting, its a quick fix for those depressing deerless days[8D]
Old 02-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dono why its so addictive but i have your same problem!!! From spring till hunting season im out walking the woods everyday and everynight! That helps me a little bit, or else getting blinds and stnads ready and all that good stuff! I think of hunting as a sport to me, I quit basketball to go hunting and i quit baseball to go shed hunting!
Old 02-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Still plenty to do...Mineral sites, food plots, put scouting cameras back out to see which bucks made it, looking for sheds, even getting stand areas ready for next season...

I also take out my guns and throughly clean them, purchase more ammo for next year, I need to buy another dozen arrows and have them fletched...I don't like waiting until the beginning of next season to start getting ready and with ammo going up, I've bought 7 more boxes since Christmas...
Old 02-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

The things i do in between the hunting seasons to keep sane are shooting the bows and guns as much as possible, read the cabelas catalog to the point of memorization, wander the hunting property for sheds and new hunting spots, and finally buy a bunch of new gear
Old 02-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Asa person gets older I believe that we have so much to fill our minds at every waking moment. More often than not those thoughts are of the responsibilities the world has cast down upon us. They just pile up and pile up until we are in over load. I think that's why many sit in front of a TV for it is so mindless and without thought. A sort of break from everything else in the world. But when we are in the wild we are able to focus on only one thing and that is the hunt. It doesn't matter what kind of hunt, it is just the hunt. Every particle of our bodies is dedicated to that one purpose and I believe that is why the experience is so intense and so focussed. Every sence is awakenned by the experience. It is personal yet can be shared with any other that has reached that state of Nirvana for they too understand that feeling. Hearing other's stories takes us back to our own memories for, since we have been there before ourselves, we can truly relate to their experience. Or maybe it is because venison makes such an excellent gravy. If your mouth started to water thinking of venison gravy then my point is correct.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

Get after them coyotes,that is very addictive,andy ou can do it year round!!
Old 03-03-2008, 02:26 AM

Because it's instinctual? It's good to get back to your roots of survival and abandon the same ole' cliche of picking up a Big Mac from a window. There's more honor in it also. That's all I'm sayin'.......