Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is it about antlers?

Old 02-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is it about antlers?

ORIGINAL: kingvjack

I don't give a damn about antlers.... but then I don't give a damn about alot of things. I don't really care how other people hunt, but if you show me antlers, and don't have a good recipe for that deer or tell me you donated it... you'll get no respect from me, and I'll probably threaten to piss on those antlers.
I'm no fan of anyone who hunts just for antlers either. I eat what I kill. I have donated meat but for reasons other than not wanting the meat for myself. Actually it was a doe... Anyway I still like antlers. No matter the size. If not I'd only hunt does.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

I don't get caught up in it so much.. Sure I would like to kill a big un one day.. But 1 or 2 deer a year for me is fine no matter what they are.. I don't have to outsmart one.. I know that I am smarter than he is already.. Or at least smarter at certain things..
Old 02-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

ABarOfSoap - The rack doesn't have to be big. I like em all.

cant argue with that.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just seeing a buck of any age in the woods is a thrill for me. Like Rockin chair said, be it a 4-point or a booner, there's just something special about seeing a buck and how he carries himself through the woods...full of pride and beauty, its amazing to just see such an amazing animal...the same goes for finding a shed, just knowing that a buck carried that shed with such humble pride is like holding a piece of perfection in your hand

I don't give a damn about antlers.... but then I don't give a damn about alot of things. I don't really care how other people hunt, but if you show me antlers, and don't have a good recipe for that deer or tell me you donated it... you'll get no respect from me, and I'll probably threaten to piss on those antlers.
i commend you sir, it takes a lot of courage to have such an open, blatant disrespct for people and their opinions. You have people here stating they love the rack because they're all different, its great to be the first one to touch such a magnificent shed, etc. etc. and you get on here and state that you will "threaten to piss on those antlers" if someone doesn't have a recipe or donated the meat to, ol I dunno, hunters for the hungry perhaps?.... have a little respect pal
Old 02-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

Just seeing a buck of any age in the woods is a thrill for me. Like Rockin chair said, be it a 4-point or a booner, there's just something special about seeing a buck and how he carries himself through the woods...full of pride and beauty, its amazing to just see such an amazing animal...the same goes for finding a shed, just knowing that a buck carried that shed with such humble pride is like holding a piece of perfection in your hand

i commend you sir, it takes a lot of courage to have such an open, blatant disrespct for people and their opinions. You have people here stating they love the rack because they're all different, its great to be the first one to touch such a magnificent shed, etc. etc. and you get on here and state that you will "threaten to piss on those antlers" if someone doesn't have a recipe or donated the meat to, ol I dunno, hunters for the hungry perhaps?.... have a little respect pal
nope, i've got no respect, but, like i said to each his own.....
hunting is a priveledge we all enjoy, as long as your not a poacher, I could care less what you hunt for and your reasons for doin it.
Hunters for the hungry is generally more wasteful in my opinion, but then again, its an opinion...
if your gonna get pissed about it, unplug your computer and buy an etch a sketch.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

nope, i've got no respect, but, like i said to each his own.....
hunting is a priveledge we all enjoy, as long as your not a poacher, I could care less what you hunt for and your reasons for doin it. Hunters for the hungry is generally more wasteful in my opinion, but then again, its an opinion...
if your gonna get pissed about it, unplug your computer and buy an etch a sketch.
the bold pretty much directly contradicts your first post, the red? now you're taking a stab at people trying to help out the less fortunate?
Old 02-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last 24 yrs this being my 25th year of bowhunting onlyI have allways been a doe hunter,I am after meat and if I want to look at a rack I just look at my wifes thos racks change every year too...But really after hunting this long and being in my late 40's its about time i show something for my hard work and have something for my children to remember me by.....as far as hunting goes....
Old 02-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: recurver167

For me they are milestones of my life and hunting career. They all may not be trophys to most but to they are to me. Every time I look at them I remeber everything about that day, the hunt the weather and the place. To me they are my personal collection of memories,all I have to do as look at one to relive that day.
My thoughts exactly! I have EVERY set of antlers from every buck I've killed since 1975, even a couple of spikes.I love the anticipation of seeing a buck with BIG antlers and am willing to let lesser bucks walk. I didn't think like that in my early years.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Dominant Buck

I love Antlers!......When they are ground into powder, they bring $35-$45 an oz down here in the Asian communities!.....They use it as an Aphrodisiac...
Old 02-23-2008, 12:40 PM

Who doesn't like antlers...Its the ultimate sign and tangible proof that you have taken a trophy...and no one can ever take that away from you because you have the antlers right here with you to prove that

Quick Reply: What is it about antlers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.