Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you plan to ever shoot a monster buck?

Old 02-17-2008, 06:47 AM

Default RE: Do you plan to ever shoot a monster buck?

No not really. That really isn't my goal to be honest. We probably have deer that big where I live and if one walks by I certainly will not hesitate to shoot it. However I don't specifically go searching for that class of deer or let others walk waiting for something like that.

And if I did shoot something that big I'm not even sure I would have it mounted. I'm a pretty cheap SOB when comes down to it.

Paul
Old 02-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

In the Deep South you stand about as much chance of shooting a 190" + deer as you do a record Bull Elk. I think the best you can hope for is to shoot a buck that is in the top 20% in size for the bucks in your area.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Though the question was "state", I believe that hunting up here in Canada will give you the best shot. As to the statements on "canned hunts", the big boys are out there on public land, and you can harvest them if you put the time in. At a big buck social, in our interlake area this year (central area of Manitoba), there were 4 bucks in the 170 class and the big buck winner was 186 3/8 typical. The cool thing was that they all were harvested on public land. Seeing racks like that on a yearly basis keeps you dreaming. After topping off the freezer during bow and ML season, I must admit that during rifle I becomevery choosey (even though I am primarily a meat hunter).If I had to pick a state then I would say Minnisota. While golfing thispast early fall in the north east part of the state I saw a couple of real brutes.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can count on it.......
My number one guess would be Alberta for both typ and non typ whitetail don't be surprised if a world record mulie gets harvested here as well..
British Columbia is my number one guess for both typ and non typ mulies and maybe for typ whitetail in the PEACE RIVER REGION of British Columbia..
I predict within the next 5 years, we will haveat least 2 maybe 3 new B&C world records coming out these two Provinces..
Old 02-18-2008, 12:45 PM

Dont know about you but this was a monster 8 to me