Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Post-Harvest Celebrations

Old 01-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Post-Harvest Celebrations

How does everyone react after taking a deer? Some people get extremely pumped up and let everyone know about it, however, some people keep reserved and are as cool as a cucumber. I personally am overran with emotions and tend to get a wee bit excited. I took a nice 8 pt. this year and my dad and brother heard my victory yelps on the other end of the property! But I have heard some hunters grief about 'excessive celebration' with the old saying "Act like yo've been here before". I disagree with that, but understand its all about personal preference. What do you guys think?
Old 01-28-2008, 09:17 AM

Default RE: Post-Harvest Celebrations

i get pretty excited too
Old 01-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get excited too but I don't do a jig, pump my fist, and all that other stuff you see on TV. My excitement comes later after I have the deer out of the woods, gutted, and hanging. I have to stay calm, my peak is right before I pull the trigger. I feel my pulse in my ear tips
Old 01-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

After I kill any animal I give some sort of thanks! I'm not talking about fist pumping and all the hoop~a~la all the TV guys do but say a little prayer of thanks in my head! I get excited but no need to act it out!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:05 AM

Once the reality that I had shot my first deer sunk in, I started whooping and hollering, pumping my fist in the air and all that stuff.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:35 AM

I get pretty excited and do a little fist pump or something and also say thanks for the opportunity.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a 6-pointer in Oct. (archery), and all my hunting buddies come to expect a phone picture of somesort in the field, my little way of messing with them (that's big fun!). I then got an 8-pointer with my .44 mag pistol 4 weeks later. Once again a phone picture was circulated. After the muzzle blast ringing stopped while in my climber, I did the Jonathan Papelbon jig (redsox pitcher) and always thank God!
How can't you be exceited, I ask???!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:57 AM

i'm yet to witness anyone that is "as cool as a cucumber",sounds like a fairy tale,lol!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

it all depends. When I got them with the bow I tend to be a little loud! haha all the adrenaline....... With my gun, if I get it while sitting I tend not to be reall energetic aboutit, but when one comes out on a drive, thats when the blood gets pumping and I get pretty excited taking deer off of drives!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can feel the adrenaline pumping pretty good right after the shot. I don't tend to respond with much in the way of a huge outward showing but I am certainly very excited.
When I get up to and see the animal there is a mixed bag of emotion. I am very happy i was able to hunt and kill the it but i also have a moment where i feel a bit of sadness for the animal. It is at that time that I will sit there with it and give thanks to god and to all those, including my family, that have allowed this event to take place

Quick Reply: Post-Harvest Celebrations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.