Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Post-Harvest Celebrations

Old 01-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Spike

Default RE: Post-Harvest Celebrations

I'm usally pretty alert when I hunt since I walk or still hunt on the ground. There have been times I have to take a breath and slow my heartrate down when I hear one walking and try to pinpoint its location.After the shot I'm all business.Listening to hear them pile up, tracking and confirming my kill. Then I relax take a breather and out comes the camera to memoralize the moment and the great animal no matter what the size.My knees still shake sometimes at the point I start to get ready to clean them,it has all sunk in by that time.And yes I get a bit excited when they turn out to be a bit bigger than I thought!
But no yelling in the woods,It's like yelling in church just don't feel right!
And I might miss seeing something else!
Old 01-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

I always thank the Lord, but as far as yelling and screaming, I don't do none of that. That doesn't mean I am any less excited about the whole ordeal as the guy doing backflips. We all express emotion differently.

I do think alot of the guys on TV try putting on a show. You can tell if its real or fake. Can't stand the fake crap.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

I'm pretty reserved since I'm able to take several a year. This year I did get rather loud when my 7 year old son shot his first deer. He thought I was crazy the way I was whooping and hollering.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

You don't need to overreact but I give a fist pump and jump up and down unless i made a bad shot
Old 01-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

I usually am trying so hard to keep my emotions under control right before and during the shot that after the shot i usually go right to pieces. All that pent up nervousness and adreniline comes out all at once and i just start shaking like a rag doll haha, i have to hang the bow or gun up and sit down for a minute just to get ahold of myself. I usually do some kind of prayer of thanks. I usually don't holler too much, just have the biggest Sh*t Eatin' grin on my face. The turkey i got this past spring broke like a three year dry streak turkey hunting, and i'm not going to lie i did a little yelling over that one.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

first one of the season usaually gets a little scream,then the rest get a fist in the air and my little ritual dence
Old 01-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still get as excited as the first deer I shot.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great posts guys, we all go about it differently. The 8 ptr. I took this fall was my first mature buck of life after 12 hard years ofhunting. And to be honest I really couldnt control it, when I saw that buck go down, I completely lost it. Will I feel that way after every big buck I take? Let's hope so! I also forgot to mention that I do, as many of you mentioned, give thanks for the opportunity to harvest the animal, especially after a cheal kill. Without Him it just wouldn't be possible, and I owe all of my success to him. I give thanks after every animal I take, no matter size or species.

I also agree with IntroC, many of the guys do try to fake it, and that is what I was trying to refer to in my initial post, those guys who just go through the motions, can't stand it. And when they try to put on a show, it just makes it even worse.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Spike

I think if you dont feel some emotion what the heck you doing out there anyway,not to many people living in mudd huts or cabins anymore. What gets me fired up is when I take a youth hunter out and they get their first deer and they dont know what to do or how to feel,now thats exciting.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

I get excited as heck man, jump up and down.

Quick Reply: Post-Harvest Celebrations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.