Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Plz Help Me!

Old 01-22-2008, 03:48 PM

Default Plz Help Me!

Okay so I just started to like hunting and I really don't know a lot about it. I've read two magizines on it but that is mostly it. I'm in middle school and WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Old 01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Plz Help Me!

Does your dad or anyone in your family hunt. Friends parents. Find a mentor bud. Have someone take you. Good luck, I'm glad you're taking an intrest in such a great sport.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:02 PM

If I wanted to buy a bow how much of a pull should it have? would a 15 pound pull work?
Old 01-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

deerhunter,
First off, welcome to the forum.
Logging on to this forum was agood first step. There are a lot of great people on here with decades of experience so ask as many questions as you want.
Do you have someone like a relative or friend that has experiencewho you can look to for help?
Enroll yourself in a hunters safety course. You will get valuable information there.

Don't hesitate to ask any hunting question here. People are very willing to help a new hunter.

Good luck

Old 01-22-2008, 04:17 PM

yeah i would find someone to mentor you and take you out and show what different things are. good luck with everything and let us know how it goes for ya.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

15 lb of pull wouldnt work. Better hit the weights if you want to bow hunt.[&:]One thing you will find is that bows can cost the same and even More than a gun.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

you made the right step first. ASKING for help. read everything you can find. talk to every person that will lend an ear. and another thing. Practice practice practice.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your going to need a Bow with around 40 to 45lbs of pull to be able to legally hunt....but you can get a Youth Bow with less pull and start practicing to work your way up to being able to hunt.I bought my Daughter an older compound bow with very little pull to get her started in practicing and if she stays with it I plan on getting a nicer bow as she gets older!Start off slow with hunting and always have an adult to show you the safety aspect of hunting.There are plenty of states that give Hunter Safety Courses for free to get you started and reading plenty of books is helpful too.When I was younger I started out hunting with a BB-gun and Pellet gun then I bought my own 22LR Marlin after getting the OK from my Dadand only using it if he was there to show me how to shoot and hunt safely with it,I finally got to shoot his Shotgun and then his 30-06 and .308 Rifle.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BuckRogers

[&:]One thing you will find is that bows can cost the same and even More than a gun.
I just picked up a 870 20 ga. Full rifled youth gun at D*cks sporting goods for $161.97
That's a 1/4 of what I spent on my bow.
Change the stock and it's a full size gun.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

find an adult that will take you. Family/friends/ even a teacher that your parents would trust. Find anyone to teach you, it will be one of the best decisions you could ever make!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.