Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone familiar with the Emo, Canada area.....

Old 02-03-2003, 08:50 AM
nub

Default RE: Anyone familiar with the Emo, Canada area.....

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> Sooo can I just pay $50 at the border and be on my way<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
ROTFL, sorry had to laugh at that one. You'll be able to fill out the paperwork at the border. Its never a quick experience once they ask you to &quot;go inside&quot;. It may be possible to purchase your lisence directly from the Outfitter your staying with. I've always been able to hunt same day as purchase.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:42 AM

I'm not really sure what ROTFL means.... I didn't really ussume that it would just be that easy, but I just want to know if there is anything that I can do in advance to speed the process up. Not to mention that I don't want to get there and then they tell me that I can't hunt because I don't have the correct paperwork completed. Whether it's the guys at the border or any special Canadian regs that I'm not aware of.

&quot;There's nothing better than being out in the woods&quot;.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Banned

Who are you hunting with in the area?

Old 02-03-2003, 01:22 PM

I'm not sure what the outfitter's name is at this point. My buddy just told me about the opportunity a few days ago. I will find out. I wouldn't imagine that there would be many in that area. Are there?

White-Raven.....
How about the license thing....Can I buy it over the counter and be hunting the next day? Thanks for your help.

Old 02-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Banned

The last time I checked you could walk into the store, buy a license and be hunting the next day. I'm interested to know who your outfitter is as there is a 99.999% probability I know them. And don't kid yourself. Fishing/hunting pumps 100 million into the economy up north every year. Everyone that has a boat or a car or truck guides. lol.

Old 02-03-2003, 04:59 PM
nub

Stump: That would be &quot;rolling on the floor laughing&quot;. Don't take it personal tho pal, I've been tore down, checked out, and sent back to the states a couple of times. Even had to go back into the states and wash off my quad once. Bottom line with crossing is, if you got nothing to hide, it just a matter of time.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:51 AM

Nub....Obsolutely no offense taken. As stated before, I'm just looking for all of the information available and I appreciate all that you and white-raven have given me. Like I said before, this is my 1st out of the state hunt, so I'm just trying to find out what everything is like outside MN(Canada specifically). I have nothing to hide, so I don't believe that there will be any problems. Just fill out the paperwork and wait I guess. I hope you guys know where I'm coming from by asking all these questions. I'm not trying to figure out how I can buck the system by getting around things that I need to do. It's just that I don't want to drive that far, take off work, get all excited and then I have to come home because of something that I didn't know or do correctly.

White-Raven....I'll find out who the outfitter is for you.

Old 02-04-2003, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

Stump;
If you are hunting with an outfitter and paying him, he should be answering all these questions for you. He is in the buisness of helping non-residents get their game and that should include getting hunting permits and getting to his camp with their gun.

The &quot;Canadian Firearms Center&quot; has a web site and there is info there of bringing firearms into Canada. (www.cfc.gc.ca) I think that is right.

Robin

Old 02-04-2003, 02:32 PM

Thanks for the link Duffy. I agree that the outfitter should know all this, but...My buddy has gotten to be fairly good friends with this outfitter and we are able to stay for free. All we have to do is get up there, get our license and they are going to be taking care of the rest. All we have to pay for is transportation and food. I know that I could probably give him a call and find out all of this info, but I'm one of those guys that likes to know as much as I can on my own and not rely on others to make sure everything is done and done correctly(not that I don't trust them). It's kind of like our hunting regs in MN. I have read the book probably 10 times cover to cover. I like to know what is legal and what isn't. Not to mention I seem to win a couple bucks from my buddies every year because they think they know what the regs are. A guy can only read the same hunting mags a few times while on the can.

Old 02-05-2003, 08:17 PM
nub

A couple more things to keep in mind Stump. Handguns are a no no. And you must take an old hunting lisence from the states with you.

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with the Emo, Canada area.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.