Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Density Question

Old 12-21-2007, 06:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Deer Density Question

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

I hate you all, here in east central florida we have < 2 deer per sq. mile and a six pointer with a 10 inch spread is a trophy. I've been hunting two to three times a week since mid September and I haven't seen a deer yet.
Move here. In the Southern Tier of Indiana we average 30-45 deer per square mile, all twice the size of those german shepherds y'all call bucks. We place in the top ten for B&C nearly every year too .They fatten on unlimited corn, soy, and oaks, 170-220 lbs on average. We also have nearly unlimited slick shooting, all after the first at half off, even for non-residents. They beg us to shoot them. Oh, and all of our licenses and tags are OTC, even for non-res. Florida's ok, but...
Old 12-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow i have nothing like that for density i think i have 6 per square mile or it seems that way
Old 12-21-2007, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hate you all, here in east central florida we have < 2 deer per sq. mile and a six pointer with a 10 inch spread is a trophy. I've been hunting two to three times a week since mid September and I haven't seen a deer yet.
Man THAT SUX like an open chest wound ...you might want to take up golf

dd
Old 12-21-2007, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Move here. In the Southern Tier of Indiana we average 30-45 deer per square mile, all twice the size of those german shepherds y'all call bucks. We place in the top ten for B&C nearly every year too .They fatten on unlimited corn, soy, and oaks, 170-220 lbs on average. We also have nearly unlimited slick shooting, all after the first at half off, even for non-residents. They beg us to shoot them. Oh, and all of our licenses and tags are OTC, even for non-res. Florida's ok, but...
well why dont you just RUB IT IN Kevin ....you might have the BIG BUCKS BUT your STILL YANKESS

dd

Old 12-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

well why dont you just RUB IT IN Kevin ....you might have the BIG BUCKS BUT your STILL YANKESS

dd
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:47 AM

In Georgia we have pre-hunt statewide deer population exceeding 32 deer per square mile of forested habitat. It blows me away that it's that high because I've seen very little activity this year, but I believe it's related to our epic drought.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm not saying Florida is great hunting but it is alot better than you say. this year i've shot a doe, 6 pt and an 8 pt. i have deer on the wall taken from central Florida with 17" spreads. a couple years ago there was a 150+ inch buck poached out of Seminole Forrest W.M.A. (central Florida). that buck was mounted and confiscated by FWC and is now hanging in their Ocala office.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think it has a lot to do with what they eat, how rich the land truly is and a variety of reasons...