Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I'd rather hunt alone, but I occasionally hunt with others.
52.78%
I'll only hunt alone.
2.78%
I hunt with others as much as possible. But still hunt alone at times.
37.50%
I'll only hunt with others.
6.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Do you hunt alone or with other people?

Old 12-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Do you hunt alone or with other people?

I mainly hunt alone but from time to time, my lady friends wants to go out and lay the smack down.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:45 PM

Both

Old 12-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

By hunting with someone I mean as close as 250 yards or as far as a mile apart.
Kind of what I was thinking on with someone as well. I rarely if ever hunt right with someone except for my kids. I know it is always seems better after the hunt to have someone to talk to about the hunt.

I understand everyone talking about being at the mercy of others and when the want to leave etc. I haven't had that problem yet. If I did I'd prefer to be alone as well I'm sure.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

In terms of deer hunting Ilike to be on my own, though don't mind sharing transportation,camp, etc.

About the only time I actually hunt with others is moose and elk as we tag teamwhen calling. Even at that I'd say more then 50% of the time I am off on my own.

I enjoy the company & safety measuresthat comes with partnersbut when it comes tothe hunting portionI prefer to be alone.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:44 PM

I hunt almost entirely alone on my property, but am at the mercy of others when invited to friends places. Even then, I'll typically take my own truck and always sit alone. The only exception is late in the season if I've filled my buck tags. In those cases, I don't mind going and being an extra set of eyes but only do so if asked. I've got a friend who doesn't have the best vision in the world and I can see more with a naked eye than he can with binoculars.

I also occasionally take clients hunting, so in those instances I have to hunt with them. However, I treat those "hunts" more like scouting trips.

I see advantages to both, but I tend to get a little too serious when I'm looking for "my" buck too be much fun to bearound. I'll sitagainst a tree fromdawn till dusk without moving if I think I've got a specific buck patterned andhaving anyone else with me would justdecrease my chances for success.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

usually always gohunting with my brother or friend. But we aways split up when we get there. Its nice to have someone to talk to on the hour plus drive to my hunting area. Nice to split the fuel costtoo with gas so high.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

i try to hunt with others for safety reasons but when no one else can go, i'll hunt alone
Old 12-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

During general gun season i run deer dogs, so i always hunt with 5-12 other guys. I love hunting like this although sometimes they talk over the CB way too much. During bow and muzzleloader seasons i hunt mostly by myself because my brother, dad, and friends all hunt in a different club across the highway from the club i am in. We call each other after the hunt so i guess it is like we hunt together anyway. I hate hunting alone, spending time with my friends and family is a big part of hunting to me.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bow hunting generally alone.
Gunmainly w/ people, but I do get out alone as well.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

I prefer to be the only one in the woods if possible. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the comradery that goes along with having a bunch of people in deer camp but it's a hassle. If you don't come out of the woods when you told them you would then they get worried and come looking for you or else they'll kill something at first light and expect you to give up your hunt to help them track and haul the animal out. Little selfish maybe, but the solitude is one big reason I like to hunt. I took a week off this year to hunt by myself with no one else, very cool.

Quick Reply: Do you hunt alone or with other people?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.