Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buckeye Nuts

Old 12-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Buckeye Nuts

ORIGINAL: yakuza wiz

seeing how I'm just posting on here over and over and over. I thought i would say why.
I am a Georgia bulldog fan and we were hosed and lead to believe something that we were never going to be allowed to play for.

and so i turn it to a quote i found on ugasports.com

[hr]
First, I'm OK with LSU and Ohio St. winning "The Election." The moment UK botched a 35 yard field goal was the moment I knew we would not win the East, the SEC or the MNC. I posted here over a month ago that we would not, could not play for a MNC without winning the conference. And that's OK.

But I have no disparaging remarks for my fellow Bulldog fans who are frustrated, angry, or whiney over what happened. Yes, if we had won the SEC I would expect to be in the MNC, just as LSU did and does.

But for our detractors, many whose only pleasure in fandom or life is the enjoyment of our frustration, let me remind you of a few points.

For nearly two months, all UGA did was win...and hope for a chance at the SEC Championship game. Here's what we didn't do:

--We didn't lose once or twice;
--We didn't lose at home to an unranked team (funny how the sludgemouths constantly remind us that we lost at Tennessee, a team LSU beat. Why doesn't that logic include LSU losing AT HOME to Arkansas, a team that Tennessee crushed. Why play the SECC game after that, just name Tennessee the champ!
--We didn't vote us the best two-loss team FOR FIVE STRAIGHT WEEKS.
--We didn't vote us #4 in every human poll conducted at the end of the regular season.
--We didn't vote LSU #7 in the same poll.
--We didn't ask the voters to not view overtime losses as losses.
--We didn't own networks that used their agendas to immediately dismiss certain teams after the Missouri and WV losses.

What I'm saying is the BCS and our detractors put the bad ingredients into the cauldron, cooked and stirred. They had us line up, tempted us with a hot, delicious bowl....then decided to hold an election. They moved us back in the line, and served us sewer greul. Then, when some of us dared to complain about what was in our bowl, you told us to get back in our new place in the line and stifle ourselves.
You know what? We're back in line. And we'll let it go in good time. I guess it's your right to brew the unbalanced bowl of bile...and it's your right to not listen to our frustration. But we won't give you permission to tell us how to feel...and how to vent. You can defend the teams selected, but don't defend this sorry soup known as the BCS sELECTION.

[hr]

btw if you wanted to see the best two teams in the country play. then that would have been usc vs uga.
100% agree with you, I am still dumb founded at how LSU got in over Georgia... Seldolm do teams lose ground in bye weeks (see OSU), and the Georgia landslide this past week did not make sense to me.

I don't think you can punish Georgia for not making the championship game, I think they would have beaten LSU, and don't tell me Tennessee is that great.