Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what does your DNR agent do during rifle season.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default what does your DNR agent do during rifle season.

Our DNR officer walked arround in camo this rifle season trying to bust people without Blaze orange???? Any one see this as pointless and not to mention DANGEROUS!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what does your DNR agent do during rifle season.

Are you sure they were DNR? I'm pretty sure they have to be in uniform.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:37 PM

In NH they will set up decays and try to catch road hunters.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

We had a dep officer shot a few years ago. as a result of this we now can only shoot until exactly sundown. He was wearing his green uniform and out walking at dusk looking for god knows what. The irony is a corrections officer shot him.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:27 AM
Fork Horn

Last year while hunting on public hunting grounds I had a DNR officer walk more than a 1/4-mile into the woods. Heard something behind me and there she was standing behind me. Scared the living crap out of me. At the time I was walking through a safety zone. She asked me if my gun was loaded, I said YES I'm hunting. She told me that since my gun was loaded she assumed I was hunting a safety zone. Didn't make a issue out of it since she only gave me a warning.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:48 AM
Spike

MDdeerhunter-
Your story reminds me of one years ago... it's a little off topic but I was about 12 years old and I was checking my muskrat traps on our family farm ditch in NW Ohio. I was about100 yardsoff the road, it was a calm Nov. afternoon after school. I get one of those feelings that I'm being watched... all at once, I hear "Hi there!" Scared the hell out of me... it was a game warden standing about 20' away on the other side of the bank.Inever heard one brach or steps or anything... He asked if I had a valid trapping permit... I said "nope". He asked if I was serious... I said "Yep". I then told him who I was and that this ditch (farm) had been in our family since the mid 1800's and I didn't think I needed any permits to trap your own land. He just smiled, gave me a wave and said good luck this fall! Nice enough guy, just took 10 years off my life that afternoon!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:04 AM

Most game wardens in Texas are pretty nice and I've had good interaction with many of them. They go after the poachers which is just fine with me. I've even tried to help them before and allowed them to use our place for decoys to try and get road hunters (they were successful).

Old 12-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Last year, the local paper here had a big picture of a game warden (no camo) standing below a deer stand while the hunter in the stand handed down his hunting license. First of all, i was a bit disturbed about someone who was clearly roaming the woods without camo on. Second, I don't think that they have any business going out in the woods and ruining hunts to check people. But then again it might have been staged, since there also had to be a camera person there to take the picture.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is rare to see a game warden where I am in Oklahoma. We have one in the county which covers about 1000 square miles. If they see you coming out of the woods they might check you. About the only place you will see one is at the check station.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

First of all, i was a bit disturbed about someone who was clearly roaming the woods without camo on. Second, I don't think that they have any business going out in the woods and ruining hunts to check people.
Um, that's their job. Sucks for us sometimes but that is what they get paid to do. That's like being disturbed because cops drive up and down the road to catch speeders and drunks?

Paul

Quick Reply: what does your DNR agent do during rifle season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.