Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

anyone ever seen the world record typical

Old 01-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: anyone ever seen the world record typical

NicholalIF you saw the Zaft buck tonight then you must have been at the Early Bird Expo in Bloomsburg, PA....unless it was a replica because I too saw that buck with Mr. Zaft himself....

I was in the River Valley Game Calls/Outfitters booth running turkey calls. You should have said hello, I had a post in the Northeast Forum to tell everyone to stop by. I had free HNI memorabilia to hand out.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 01-27-2003, 05:46 AM

Halo
My name is Ivan Borisov and I am new in this forum. I am from Bulgaria, where the red deer world record was shot (273,6 points CIC). The greatest part of the trophies, shot in Bulgaria is with over 250 points. Bulgaria offers international hunting tourism, so I could organize the hunting. Are there anyone interested in this?
Old 01-27-2003, 06:26 AM

I live about an hour of where the buck was taken, and saw it last Dec. here in the city. (Saskatoon) It has tremendous length of tines and width. The also magnificent thing is the length of the main beams. But is does lack the mass of a lot of deer. The term trophy really has intrinsic meaning. I have posted a couple of my deer that people might call trophies, but I will never forget my first real trophy, my first buck; a one and a half year old buck.

Be a steward of the outdoors. Help to keep our heritage.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:00 AM

Nicholal, A new world record elk is coming out! Where was it taken and what did it score?
Old 01-27-2003, 03:35 PM

Striper Phil-
Tip to Tip measurement is not included in a bucks score, so one that curves back is not penalized in any way. I think you are thinking of the spread, but that is measured as the widest part, inside to inside, perpendicular to a line drawn from between the eyes to the middle of the nose ... or something like that. I agree though, I like the ones that curve back as you do.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Fork Horn

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
NicholalIF you saw the Zaft buck tonight then you must have been at the Early Bird Expo in Bloomsburg, PA....unless it was a replica because I too saw that buck with Mr. Zaft himself....

I was in the River Valley Game Calls/Outfitters booth running turkey calls. You should have said hello, I had a post in the Northeast Forum to tell everyone to stop by. I had free HNI memorabilia to hand out.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

NOPE!!!........I WAS IN GRASSLAND ALBERTA!. AND YES SORRY IT IS A FULL BODY MOUNT REPICLA...AS WAS THE ONE HE HAD THERE. As I was told by Dobson (the guy who did the mount)

Nice deer though dont you think?? I got pic's of the body mount kinda small body for a huge rack!!

Hunt for the sport, share the outdoors and most of all be safe and enjoy it......know your
back stop when shooting!!
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/nicholal
Old 01-27-2003, 10:52 PM
Fork Horn

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Nicholal, A new world record elk is coming out! Where was it taken and what did it score?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
That is Pope and Young record
I honestly dont know the number but I'll find out and add it to this post, But it has huge mass to the tinesthe main beam at the skull is as thick as my forearm, about as thick as...hmmmmmmmmm a big tin of pork and beans??

As promised the bull scored (green) 422 & 5/8

Hunt for the sport, share the outdoors and most of all be safe and enjoy it......know your
back stop when shooting!!
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/nicholal

Edited by - nicholal on 01/28/2003 20:33:34
Old 01-28-2003, 02:50 AM
Fork Horn

I havn't seen the Hanson Buck up close but I imagine it being impressive. I did here that the buck only weighed about 165lbs. This may have contributed to the deer not looking as big.

GOD BLESS
Charlie Patrick
http://www3.sympatico.ca/chazpat/wildcanada.html
Old 01-28-2003, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

I have only seen a reproduction of the Hanson Buck. It's definitely wide.

The Beatty Buck currently hangs in the Gander Mountain just a mile away from where I work. The antlers are unique, but if the taxidermist did it justice as far as the size and shape of the face is concerned, that massive antler growth must have sucked the calcium out of the skull!

Really skinny face, almost too small compared to the rack. Nowhere near the &quot;Roman-Nosed&quot; characteristics that gives them that regal look.

Shoot often - Hunt always
Old 02-02-2003, 07:09 PM
OBH

I ran across this web site that makes reproductions of some (not all) of the record book deer. Check it out and you can get a feel for a the size of some of these deer.

http://www.gunnyreproductions.com/

Quick Reply: anyone ever seen the world record typical

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.