Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Rifle Season Is Over, FINALLY

Old 12-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Rifle Season Is Over, FINALLY

rammer..way to drop that hammer!
Old 12-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

rammer-what exactly do you tell your neighbors? i have to do the same thing here shortly and was wondering what words you use. i need to be an 'effective" messenger to make sure that they get the message.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the time I go, "You know, this is F'in Bull$hit, you know I hunt, why don't you hunt your own property." Then I follow that up with, "If I ever catch you on my property again you will be arrested." So I've pretty much given the "local renegades" their one and only warning, now if I catch any of them again they know they will be arrested.

Then I usually pull out the line, "do you have permission to be here?" When they say "We're just driving around looking for deer, we weren't hunting" I reply "You know it is ILLEGAL to road hunt big game."

I really get a kick out of the non-local people that respond to me, "We have permission to hunt this property." When I ask them whose land it is, they get a dumbass look on their face. Then, when I tell them its my land, they really get a sick look on their faces.

Last deer season I had some guys try to kick me off my own property, when I told them to call the game warden to settle it, they did. When the game warden arrived and I had a brief conversation with him, and had those guys arrested, the looks on their faces was priceless. Those guys honestly thought they were on land they had permission to hunt, the only problem was my neighbor (whose land they had permission to hunt) didn't have any land within 5 miles of where they were. The neighbor got pissed at me for having his relation arrested and he confronted me about it.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear about all the Bad stuff but it looks like you came through ok. I hunted a day and a half North of Wall and saw at least 200 Mule deer. I passed the first evening on the biggest Mulie Buck I have seen in years because it was almost dark and I knew my wife and I could never load the sucker in the back of the Pick-up. Then as it always goes, I never saw him again. The mule deer population in that unit is beyond belief. I saw two nice bucks on my place but only a Horse could have drug them out so I didn't try them either. Got a big doe for meat and may go back for another doe or two. Didn't use the Encore?
Old 12-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I cam thru the season alright. Except Sunday after I filled my buck tag I laid eyes on the 170" deer I'd been watching all year, at 300 yards. He stood out in my corn field for a half hour in my spotting scope. I think I might have cried not being able to harvest him. I end up selling my Encore 7-08 barrel to another member of these forums. I used my A-Bolt 7mm for my Muley hunt, and my new A-Bolt in 25WSSM for hunting around home.

I'm thinking about buying some leftover double doe tags so I can get some more jerky
Old 12-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good Plan.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:16 PM

Its nice to see you didnt take the money!! Nice bucks!!!